The Great Sunflower, also known as the Adult Sunflower, is a giant sunflower located outside Pinna Park on the beach of Pinna Island only in Super Mario Sunshine. The Great Sunflower watches over the Sunflower Kids, but unlike them, the Great Sunflower is much larger and is brown in the middle instead of yellow. It also speaks differently when talked to or sprayed with water.
In Episode 4 of Pinna Park, Snooza Koopas start chewing up the park's resident sunflowers' roots. Mario then has to defeat the Snooza Koopas to rescue them from being wilted. The Great Sunflower rewards him with a Shine Sprite after his task is finally done.
Names in other languages
Himawari no Oyako
|Sunflower parent and child (counting Sunflower Kid)|
|Italian||Grande Girasole||Great Sunflower|
- In the Prima strategy guide for Super Mario Sunshine, the Great Sunflower is located in the boss section, even though it is an ally.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 21.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine Official Strategy Guide. Page 82.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Sunshine section, page 101.
- Super Mario Sunshine - Guida Prima, page 21