|First appearance||Super Mario Sunshine (2002)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
The Buckies are characters in Super Mario Sunshine. They are a trio of female Nokis who refer to themselves as Ducky, Lucky, and Plucky. Ducky is a red Noki, Lucky is a green Noki, and Plucky is a blue Noki. They are found in Pinna Park, usually gathered by the most recently added or adjusted attraction and commenting on it. Notably, they are usually set up near the shell flautist at the front of the amusement park.
For most of the episodes, the Buckies are set up on the Clam Cups, with the flautist in the center. They comment on the fun the attraction has to offer and find it strange the park is relatively empty. However, each one seems to be focused on something else. For the final episode, they appear next to the Clam Cups, lined up in front of the flautist. They now claim the Roller Coaster is the best attraction there is to offer, something all of them agree on.
The Nokis who appear in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers most directly resemble the designs of the Buckies, as they are all female, with similar color palettes.
- "La la la! Lalalalala! I'm Ducky of the Buckies! Hee hee!"
- "Clam Cups are the funnest ever!"
- "The Roller Coaster is now the funnest ever!
- "Wah dee dah! Wah! I'm Lucky of the Buckies! Wah ha!"
- "Where are all of the guests?"
- "The Roller Coaster is the rockingest!"
- "La dee la! Dah dah! I'm Plucky of the Buckies! Ha ha!"
- "This clam is closed! Is that weird?"
- "The Roller Coaster is the best of the best!"
Names in other languages
Maimai/Lola Noki; Milmil; Makimaki
- The Buckies are erroneously referred to as "The Packees" in the English version of the Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, addressed individually as "Mai-Mai", "Miru-Miru", and "Maki-Maki". The encyclopedia also claims Mai-Mai, the Noki in red and pink, is their leader, though this is not confirmed.
- ^ Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 101