- This article is about the elderly Noki in Noki Bay. For the elderly Noki in Pinna Park, see Park director.
|First appearance||Super Mario Sunshine (2002)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
- “I am just an old man who loves nothing but fishing. COUGH! HACKPTH! HACKPTH!”
- —Noki elder, Super Mario Sunshine
The Noki elder is a helpful, fish-loving Noki who lives in Noki Bay and helps Mario in Super Mario Sunshine. He meets Mario and FLUDD when they first come to Noki Bay, explaining to them that the water of the bay has been polluted and that fishing has become impossible. He tells them that the waterfall that brings clear water to Noki Bay has been corked, and he shows them the Monty Mole whom he claims did it. He begs Mario to travel to the top of the waterfall and uncork it. Mario does this, but the water is still polluted.
The Noki elder continues to try to find a way to clear the water, which involves sending Mario to fight Gooper Blooper and travel underwater to battle Eely-Mouth. The Noki elder teaches Mario how to use a diving suit to stay underwater during his battle against Eely-Mouth. He tests him by asking him to collect all eight Red Coins in a bottle. After the defeat of Eely-Mouth, the water is clean once again. The Noki elder continues to give Mario hints throughout the rest of the Noki Bay missions, and after the eventual defeat of Bowser and Bowser Jr., the Noki elder can be seen celebrating in Delfino Plaza. He has a grandson who can usually be found in Noki Bay as well.
Names in other languages
|French||Vieux Noki||Old Noki|
|Italian||Nonno Noki||Granpa Noki|
- Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 92.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 135.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Sunshine section, page 101.
- Super Mario Encyclopedia, pag. 101
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 101