- “That rock just fell from the sky! It was...scary.”
- —A honeybee in the Honeyhive Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy
Stone wheels are objects in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. They are very common throughout the games, and they are destroyed by ground-pounding on them, usually leaving an item. Most of the time, the items inside are Star Bits. Like many other objects that can be manipulated with a Ground Pound, stone wheels have the Ground Pound symbol on them. They are noticeably cracked, and after one is destroyed, the rock still leaves smaller pieces on the ground, which serve no purpose. Stone wheels are also known for preventing Sproutle Vines from growing, as a honeybee states in the Honeyhive Galaxy. They can also sometimes appear in stacks. According to another honeybee in the Honeyhive Galaxy, these stones can fall from the sky, similar to a meteor.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Masso crepato||Cracked rock|
- Black, Fletcher. Super Mario Galaxy PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 68.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Galaxy section, page 137.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 137