Teleporter (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
- This article is about the teleporter from Super Mario Galaxy 2. For the teleporter from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, see Teleporter (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door).
Teleporters are pads in Super Mario Galaxy 2 that teleport Mario or Luigi to a bonus planet where he has to defeat enemies within the time limit. Teleporters are occasionally hidden from view, and the player has to find them. To activate a teleporter, the player must shake the Wii Remote while standing on it. Mario or Luigi is then teleported to a bonus area where he must defeat all the enemies (such as Goombas, Paragoombas, Octoombas, and Piranha Plants) before he teleports back. If the player is successful at defeating the enemies, three 1-Up Mushrooms will appear for Mario or Luigi to collect before he teleports back to the main area. After Mario or Luigi exits the bonus area, the teleporter cannot be used again unless he loses a life or returns to the galaxy after beating the level. Mario or Luigi can still use a teleporter while riding on Yoshi.
Mario and Yoshi using a teleporter in the Yoshi Star Galaxy
A teleporter takes Mario to this planetoid in Boo Moon Galaxy.
A teleporter takes Mario to this planetoid in Throwback Galaxy.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Plaque de téléportation||Plate of teleportation|
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 American instruction booklet, page 20.
- Official Japanese manual for Super Mario Galaxy 2, page 26.
- Official Chinese manual for Super Mario Galaxy 2, page 26.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 American instruction booklet, page 42.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 American instruction booklet, page 64.