The Tip Network is a channel viewed on TV screens in Super Mario Galaxy 2. The TVs are mounted on a green-and-yellow signboard-like post. They provide helpful tips for the player for upcoming obstacles or challenges that lie ahead. Mario needs to stand in front of a TV to activate it. The Tip Network shows a quick demonstration of how to surpass a difficult part of the galaxy. Unlike the Cosmic Spirit, it does not degrade the Power Star to a Bronze Star. The Tip Network plays a similar role to the hint movies in Peach's Castle in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, except that it does not cost the player anything. If the player plays as Luigi, the TVs do not appear.
Names in other languages
Tíshì diànshì jī
|French||Plasma Stuce||Portmanteau of "plasma" and "astuce" (hint)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Pantalla guía||Screen guide|
- After the Tip Network finishes showing the player how to overcome obstacles, the entire level is reset as if the player just landed in the galaxy. It is shown that the player can obtain 999 coins and 999 Star Bits as demonstrated in the Fluffy Bluff Galaxy.
- If the player looks directly at the Tip Network sign through Mario's view, they will see what appears to be an infinite mirror effect of the Tip Network screen, as the screen on the Tip Network sign displays whatever is currently on the game screen.
- Like the Cosmic Spirit, some of the TVs may appear if the player loses too many lives.
- "In some galaxies, you'll find TVs showing the Tip Network that can help explain how to perform certain moves or advance through a tough area. If you need a hint, try talking to the TV to see what it has to show you." - Super Mario Galaxy 2 instruction booklet, page 21.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Galaxy 2 section, page 171.
- Official Hong Kong Super Mario Galaxy 2 website
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 Italian instruction manual, pag. 29