The double kick is an attack that can be done in Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel, Super Mario Galaxy 2. This move is called the "double kick" because Mario (or Luigi) kicks an enemy twice during the attack. It can be used to defeat many enemies and to use certain items. To accomplish this, Mario must run toward an enemy and spin when he gets close to the enemy. Then, near the end of his spin, Mario must perform a Long Jump by crouching quickly and jumping. Mario does a Long Jump, but he has a few sparkles around him, and he is able to defeat most enemies that are in his way. This attack does damage only when Mario is rising; when he is in his falling animation, the double kick turns into a regular Long Jump and has no damaging effect. However, Mario can spin when he is falling to protect himself from getting hurt.
Mario must time the attack correctly for it to work. If he long-jumps at the beginning of the spin, he does a Spin Jump. If he long-jumps too late, he does a Long Jump. The double kick can defeat certain enemies and can also break crystals and activate Chance Cubes, Lever Switches, and Arrow Switches. However, it cannot break some Crates.
Names in other languages
|French||Double coup de pied||Double kick|
|Italian||Calcio doppio||Double kick|
|Spanish||Patada doble||Double kick|
- SamTheEnglishGamer. (July 13, 2013). Super Mario Galaxy 2 Tutorial DVD (SMG2 For Dummies!). YouTube. Retrieved August 16, 2021.
- SunMing. (July 15, 2014). DVD Tutoriel - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (FR). YouTube. Retrieved August 16, 2021.
- DomtenSwitch. (September 15, 2013). Super Mario Galaxy 2 Noob-DVD Part 3: Bonusvideos (German). YouTube. Retrieved August 16, 2021.
- LittleSkullKid. (September 28, 2020). Super Mario Galaxy 2 Bonus DVD ITA. YouTube. Retrieved August 16, 2021.
- SidneyBloom. (February 25, 2016). Super Mario Galaxy 2 - DVD Tutorial (español). YouTube. Retrieved August 16, 2021.