|How to unlock||Complete Soaring on the Desert Winds and then feed the Hungry Luma outside the Bedroom 800 Star Bits|
|Mission(s)||Bigmouth's Gold Bait|
- “This is my hideaway. It's the perfect spot for fishing...and being left alone!”
- —Penguru, Super Mario Galaxy
The Bigmouth Galaxy is a galaxy unlocked by feeding a Hungry Luma in Super Mario Galaxy. The galaxy consists of one large planet shaped like a fish with a wide open mouth that has stalagmites resembling teeth. The majority of the galaxy's sole mission takes place in a large body of water, which is accessed via the mouth. Gringills, Boos, and a Jam-o'-War appear in the water. The Bigmouth Galaxy may be named after an actual fish that is sometimes called the bigmouth bass.
This galaxy is the only galaxy to have five yellow Star Chips that turn into a Sling Star.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all names are unofficial.
This is the main planet of the area. It is shaped like a fish, with its interior full of water. In the belly of the planet are two lakes, one on the floor and on on the roof. Several Jammyfish and Gringills live in the bottom lake, while a Jam-o'-War floats above. When the player enters the fish's mouth, there will be two Boos near the entrance. If the player returns from the lake with the Gold Shell to where the Boos were, there will be lots more of them.
These planets consist of spheres of water and are seen positioned around the Starting Planet. The closest planets are small, while the most distant ones are huge. They are inaccessible without hacking. These planets do not have gravity.
This galaxy consists of only the following mission.
|Bigmouth's Gold Bait||This mission's objective is to use a Gold Shell to open a Gold Treasure Box.|
Names in other languages
Fisshu Tonneru Gyarakushī
|Fish Tunnel Galaxy|
Dàyú suìdào yínhé
|Big Fish Tunnel Galaxy|
|French (NOA)||Tunnel Poissonneux||Fishy Tunnel|
|French (NOE)||Tunnel poissonneux||Fishy Tunnel|
|Italian||Galassia Tunnel Marino||Marine Tunnel Galaxy|
|Korean||피쉬 터널 갤럭시
Piswi Teoneol Gaelleoksi
|Fish Tunnel Galaxy|
|Spanish (NOA)||Galaxia del Túnel de los Peces||Fish Tunnel Galaxy|
|Spanish (NOE)||Galaxia Ictiotúnel||Ichthyotunnel Galaxy|
- It is possible to reach the Gold Shell without collecting the Star Chips. This can be done by swimming to the surface of the large body of water and performing a wall jump into the water on the ceiling, or by using the momentum from a Green Shell to leap.
- When viewed from the map accessed by talking to Polari, the skybox for Bigmouth Galaxy is not the same as it is when playing the level. It appears to be the same as Space Junk Galaxy's skybox.
- The Beaverhouse (January 31, 2010). Super Mario Galaxy Hacks Episode 4: Flipswitch's Boxes & Bigmouth's Aqua Globes. YouTube. Retrieved December 18, 2011.
|galaxies in Super Mario GalaxyMissions and|
|Area||Main galaxies||Boss galaxies||Hungry Luma galaxies|
|Planet of Trials||—||—|
|Center of the universe||—||—|
|* Mission only available when a Prankster Comet is in orbit.|