- This article is about the dome seen in Super Mario Galaxy. For Luigi's home board in Mario Party, see Luigi's Engine Room. For the engine room in Starship Mario, see Starship Mario § Engine Room.
- “It might get a little rough from here on out, but just do your best and you'll be OK!”
- —Gearmo, Super Mario Galaxy
Screenshot of the Engine Room's exterior.
|Game||Super Mario Galaxy|
Super Mario 3D All-Stars
|Level(s)||6 (inc. Hungry Luma galaxy)|
|<< List of worlds >>|
The Engine Room is a dome in Super Mario Galaxy. It is the fifth accessible dome, and will be unlocked whenever Mario or Luigi recovers the Grand Star from Bowser's Dark Matter Plant.
From the exterior, the Engine Room looks simply like a large metal dome, while inside there are purple and blue pipes leading up from a steel mesh floor. A Gearmo patrols the room, although he serves no real significance. As with all domes, the Engine Room has a Pull Star in the center, which is used to access the dome's Galaxies. Mario does not need to enter the Engine Room in order to reach Bowser's Galaxy Reactor, as he can just collect the sixty Power Stars required to access it from previous galaxies.
The main boss of the Engine Room is a more powerful version of King Kaliente.
|Galaxy||Description||Number of Star(s)||Unlocking criterion|
Gold Leaf Galaxy
|This Galaxy is essentially a mirror of the Honeyhive Galaxy, set in autumn and with minor changes. Bees, Star Bunnies, and Cataquacks can be found here, as well as the Undergrunt Gunner boss.||Collect 34 Stars and finish Bowser's Dark Matter Plant.|
Sea Slide Galaxy
|This is a beach-themed Galaxy that consists of a ring of water encircling an oblong central planet. It is inhabited by penguins and the orca whale Guppy.||Collect 36 Stars.|
Toy Time Galaxy
|This playroom-themed Galaxy has many colorful planets and gigantic toys, as well as sweets, as shown in its third mission. Gearmos can be found here.||Collect 40 Stars.|
|This Galaxy consists of one planet that is a sphere of water surrounded by a black shell. It is home to Kingfin, a skeletal shark that is the Galaxy's boss.||Collect 55 stars and finish Giant Eel Outbreak.|
Bowser Jr.'s Lava Reactor
|The Engine Room's boss battle takes place in this Galaxy. It contains a large planet made of lava, in which lives King Kaliente (summoned by Bowser Jr.), who the player must battle a second time.||Collect 45 Stars.|
Sand Spiral Galaxy
|This Hungry Luma Galaxy features a large tube-shaped planet full of flowing quicksand, which the player must choose either the Bee Mushroom or the Boo Mushroom to traverse. Behind it is a small, bright moon with platforms revolving swiftly around it.||Complete Faster Than a Speeding Penguin, Luigi and the Haunted Mansion, and then feed the Hungry Luma 1000 Star Bits.|
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Salle des Machines||Machine room|
|French (NOE)||Salle des machines||Machine room|
|Italian||Sala motori||Machine room|
|Spanish (NOA)||Sala de Máquinas||Machine room|
|Spanish (NOE)||Sala de máquinas||Machine room|
- The Engine Room is the only dome in the game where an NPC other than Polari can be seen.
- It is possible to gain access to the exterior of the Engine Room before completing Bowser's Dark Matter Plant by using the slope climbing glitch on the sloped roof of the Comet Observatory. As a result, the Warp Pad on the upper floor that connects to the Warp Pad next to the couch on the lower floor can be activated even before the Engine Room has been unlocked, allowing permanent access to the upper floor.
|galaxies in Super Mario GalaxyMissions and|
|Area||Main galaxies||Boss galaxies||Hungry Luma galaxies|
|Planet of Trials||—||—|
|Center of the universe||—||—|
|* Mission only available when a Prankster Comet is in orbit.|