|Game||Super Mario Sunshine|
|<< Directory of missions >>|
The Super Slide, also called The Woodblock Slide Mini-Game, Quick Slide, and Pipe Down #2, is a secret area of Delfino Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine. It is accessible via a Warp Pipe in the northeast of Delfino Plaza (the pillars protruding out of the water). The level is built out of many colorful blocks that form the slide that makes up the level. Like other secret levels accessed in Delfino Plaza (as well as The Sand Bird is Born and Red Coins in a Bottle), it is set suspended high in a cloudy sky.
Mario must slide down the slide without falling to get to the Shine Sprite at the end of the course. The level starts with five blocks without any obstacles, followed by blocks with five holes; Mario may fall through and lose a life if he is not careful. The path then becomes thinner; blocks with tiny ramps that are impossible to dodge comprise the next section of the level. Mario can use the many ramps located here as shortcuts to reach the Shine Sprite. The path gets wider again with two holes and a gap that Mario will automatically slide over. The path gets incredibly thin next with a long pit through the middle; then the path gets so thin that it is about as wide as Mario himself. This thin path leads to a flat platform with the Shine Sprite sitting on a small block on the corner. The level usually takes 15–20 seconds to complete.
Names in other languages
|Sliding Board Minicourse|
|Italian||Giù nei tubi n°2||Under the pipes n°2|
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the pillars near the Super Slide entrance are one of the places visited in the Delfino Plaza stage. Players can physically stand on the pillars and swim in the water below.
- It is possible to jump from any part of the slide apart from the flat section at the top right down to the bottom where the Shine Sprite is.
- The leftmost hole at the beginning of the course actually will not cause the player to fall to their death. Instead, the hole leads to a hidden ledge, with what looks like no real purpose.
- Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 28.
- Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 19.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 148.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 35.
- YouTube: Super Mario Sunshine - Episode 26
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Sunshine section, page 102.
- Italian Super Mario Sunshine Prima's official strategy guide, page 35.