Delfino Airstrip Dilemma
|Delfino Airstrip Dilemma|
|Game||Super Mario Sunshine|
|<< Directory of missions >>|
- “Help? Help you? Are you crazy? We're the one who need help! Take that water pump and clean the airstrip, you...you!”
- —Pianta, Super Mario Sunshine
Delfino Airstrip Dilemma, also called Runaway Runway, is the first episode of the Delfino Airstrip in Super Mario Sunshine, and is subsequently the first episode of the game as well. The objective of the mission is to recover the Shine Sprite in the middle of the airstrip. The mission also serves as a tutorial level for the player.
The plane Mario, Princess Peach, Toadsworth, and the Toads were flying in comes to a screeching halt once it arrives at the airstrip. Leaving the plane, the characters find graffiti in the shape of Mario's face. Toadsworth will tell Mario to find some assistance as Peach notices Shadow Mario nearby. Finding FLUDD on the opposite end of the airstrip, the player has to defeat the Gatekeeper in the center by spraying it when its mouth is open. Spraying it three times will defeat it, revealing the Shine Sprite and returning the airstrip to normal. Afterwards, Mario will be taken to a trial, with the Piantas blaming Mario for vandalizing their island.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Il fuggiasco||The fugitive|
- Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 16.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 26.
- Italian Super Mario Sunshine Prima's official strategy guide, page 26.