The Shine Gate Sparkle
- Not to be confused with Clean the East Bell, which is also under the same name in one guide.
|The Shine Gate Sparkle|
|Game||Super Mario Sunshine|
|<< Directory of missions >>|
The Shine Gate Sparkle, also called Mario’s Cleaning Service, The Mighty Shine Gate, and Shine Gate, is a mission in Delfino Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine.
Once Mario has unlocked the Rocket Nozzle in the plaza square, he may equip it and head in front of the Shine Gate. A well-timed rocket jump in front of the gate, or a Side Somersault from the raised area behind, takes Mario up to the Shine Sprite effigy covered in black goop. Using the regular Squirt Nozzle, Mario must spray water to clear away some of the goop. The effigy slowly spins as the goop clears away.
After all the goop has been cleared away, the effigy shines, and a Shine Sprite is revealed. It is placed high above the Shine Gate, requiring a timed rocket jump to reach; if Mario has not unlocked the Rocket Nozzle, it cannot be collected and will disappear once he leaves Delfino Plaza.
After the Shine Sprite is collected, the Shine Gate remains clean whenever the camera pans throughout Delfino Plaza after returning from a mission.
Names in other languages
|Italian||La Porta Solis brilla||The Shine Gate sparkle|
- ^ Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 33.
- ^ Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 26.
- ^ Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 148.
- ^ Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 26.
- ^ Italian Super Mario Sunshine Prima's official strategy guide, page 38.