Clean the West Bell, also called The Dirty Bell, Ring My Bell, and Belltower Clanging 1, is a mission in Delfino Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine. It is available from the start, and involves cleaning the bell in the tower at the southwest corner of Delfino Plaza. Although the most direct method of reaching the bell is by using FLUDD's Rocket Nozzle, it is possible to use the Hover Nozzle to fly there from the nearby rooftop. After reaching the bell, Mario must spray it with water to clean off the black goop. It is also possible to hit the bell with water from the nearby rooftop (assuming that the angle is correct), and therefore it is not necessary to fly directly there. After consistently spraying the bell for about twenty seconds and fully cleaning it, a Shine Sprite appears. It then flies inside of the tower, and it can then only be reached by entering a nearby manhole and navigating the sewer systems. Once Mario reaches the bottom of the tower, he can jump up and grab the Shine Sprite.
Names in other languages
||Il campanile torna a suonare 1
||The belltower rings back 1
- ^ Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 24.
- ^ Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 20.
- ^ Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 148.
- ^ Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 31.
- ^ Italian Super Mario Sunshine Prima's official strategy guide, page 31.