Red Coins of the Hillside Cave
|Red Coins of the Hillside Cave|
|Game||Super Mario Sunshine|
|<< Directory of missions >>|
Red Coins of the Hillside Cave, also called Return to the Hillside Cave, is the bonus ninth episode of Bianco Hills in Super Mario Sunshine. It can be accessed by replaying The Hillside Cave Secret episode or by simply entering the Hillside Cave in later episodes.
When re-entering the cave, Mario can use FLUDD in the secret area. A Red Switch Plate will also be placed at the start of the area. Ground Pounding the switch will place eight red coins around the area and the player needs to collect them all within a time limit of one minute. Collecting them all will reward the player with a Shine Sprite, but failure to collect them within the time limit will cause the player to lose a life. The locations of the red coins are:
- One is over the first set of moving platforms.
- Four are placed at the corners of the group of many moving platforms.
- One is placed over a large star platform to the west of the bridge, with two being placed over star platforms to the east. The player needs to use the cubes and the Hover Nozzle to reach them.
Once all of the Red Coins are collected, the Shine Sprite will appear on the wooden block just in front of the Shine Sprite for Episode 3.
- In the Super Mario 3D All-Stars version of Super Mario Sunshine, prior to version 1.1.0, debug cubes in the level were visible.
- Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 41.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 31.