Shine Sprite in the Sand
|Shine Sprite in the Sand|
|Game||Super Mario Sunshine|
|<< Directory of missions >>|
Shine Sprite in the Sand, also called Beach-Combing for Treasure, Sand Art, and Beach Combing, is a mission in Delfino Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine. It can be completed at any point, aside during when Delfino Plaza is flooded, and requires the player to go to the beach next to the lighthouse and the Gelato Beach entrance. An image of a Shine Sprite is hidden in the sand, near the lighthouse and a house with some open windows. The image can only be revealed by Mario spraying the area with water until it fully forms. Once the image is fully visible, a physical Shine Sprite appears and flies away to a pillar jutting out of the ocean. Mario must then jump across the platforms to the Shine Sprite to obtain it.
As a side note, if a glitch is used to walk underwater during the flood, a different Shine Sprite marker can be found closer to the umbrellas on the same beach, but only gives out a coin.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Combo sulla spiaggia||Combo on the beach|
- Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 24.
- Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 19.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 147.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 33.
- Italian Super Mario Sunshine Prima's official strategy guide, page 33.