Yoshi's Fruit Adventure
|Yoshi's Fruit Adventure|
|Game||Super Mario Sunshine|
|<< Directory of missions >>|
- “Oh, hey! Could you do me a favor and get up on top of this tank? There's a switch up there that I'd like you to jump on. It looks like a piece of fruit's jammed in the pipe.”
- —Pianta, Super Mario Sunshine
Yoshi's Fruit Adventure is the eighth episode of Ricco Harbor in Super Mario Sunshine. The episode's objective is to ride Yoshi to the far platforms south of the plaza. In order to complete this episode, the player must have first completed Episode 4 of Pinna Park and rescued Yoshi from Shadow Mario in Delfino Plaza.
The player must make their way to the plaza, where there is a large market taking place. Next to the market is a Yoshi egg asking for a durian, so the player has to Ground Pound the buttons on top of the fruit machine next to the market until they get the fruit. Kicking the durian to the Yoshi egg will have Yoshi pop out as a Purple Yoshi the player can ride.
To get to the episode's Shine Sprite, the player has to use Yoshi to cross over the water to the platforms past the helipad. If Yoshi ends up falling into the water, Yoshi will drown and the player has to start over. By spraying the Cheep-Cheeps jumping out of the water with Yoshi's juice, they will turn into horizontally moving platforms that will carry Mario and Yoshi closer to the platforms. Once the player reaches the first platform, they can either eat the coconut in the palm tree to the left or use Spin Jumps to reach the higher platforms. Eating the coconut will turn Yoshi into Pink Yoshi, and spraying the Cheep-Cheeps with now will result in vertically moving pink platforms. At the highest platform is a cage with an Orange Juice Generator that only Yoshi can destroy by spraying it. Ground Pounding the panel the shield was covering will flip Mario into the cage and he will be able to collect the Shine Sprite.
Names in other languages
Yosshī no Furūtsu Dai Sakusen
|Yoshi's Great Fruit Operation|
|French (NOE)||Insatiable Yoshi||Yoshi, Always Hungry|
|German||Yoshis Obst-Obolus||Yoshi's Fruit Obolus|
|Italian||L'avventura fruttata degli Yoshi||Yoshi's fruity adventure|
|Spanish (NOE)||La aventura frutal de Yoshi||Yoshi's Fruit Adventure|
- This is the only episode in Super Mario Sunshine where a Durian is the required fruit to get Yoshi to hatch from his egg.
- In the Super Mario 3D All-Stars port of Super Mario Sunshine prior to version 1.1.0, due to the aspect ratio being expanded to widescreen, a Pianta visibly spawned mid-air in the intro of Yoshi's Fruit Adventure.
- If the player manages to talk to all three duck-ring riders, a 1-Up Mushroom will appear. To do this, Mario has to be standing on land to talk to them.
- SwankyBox (December 18, 2021). Why 1 Hidden 1-Up Was Overlooked by 99% of Players in Super Mario Sunshine. YouTube. Retrieved January 2, 2022.