From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
- Not to be confused with Drop Block or falling block.
|First appearance||Super Mario Land (1989)|
Dropping lifts, also referred to as dropping blocks or falling blocks, are semisolid blocks that appear in many levels of Super Mario Land. They drop almost as soon as Mario lands on them. They tend to appear as minor inconveniences on the way to the upper part of the goal, but later levels include them as obstacles to traverse pits. The player must use good timing to jump from them, or dash across them. They are somewhat similar to the Donut Lifts introduced in Super Mario Bros. 3, except Donut Lifts are solid and give more warning before they drop.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Piattaforma cadente||Falling platform|
- ^ M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 6. "DROPPING LIFTS Dash across these lifts to make it to the upper exit door. If you hesitate, the lift will fall."
- ^ M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 8. "HOP TO IT! It’s difficult to reach the upper exit of this World. You'll have to quickly hop up the small dropping lifts to make it."
- ^ M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 10. "DON’T LOOK DOWN Don’t panic when you reach these dropping lifts. Jump carefully and accurately."
- ^ M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 10. "COIN ROOM It can be tough to reach this Coin Room. Stay on the moving platform and jump quickly from the dropping lifts to the pipe when the coast is clear."
- ^ M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 9. "CRUMBLING BRIDGE At the end of the World, you’ll have to leap quickly to make it across the bridge of falling blocks."
- ^ M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 10. "B BUTTON DASH Hold down the B Button to run over the falling blocks at the end of this World."
- ^ Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Land section, page 48.
- ^ Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 48
|Super Mario Land|
|Protagonists||Mario • Princess Daisy|
|Bosses||King Totomesu • Dragonzamasu (Tamao) • Hiyoihoi • Biokinton (Chicken) • Tatanga (Pagosu)|
|Locations||Sarasaland (Birabuto Kingdom • Muda Kingdom • Easton Kingdom • Chai Kingdom)|
|Levels||World 1-1 • World 1-2 • World 1-3 • World 2-1 • World 2-2 • World 2-3 • World 3-1 • World 3-2 • World 3-3 • World 4-1 • World 4-2 • World 4-3 • Expert Level|
|Items & vehicles||Super Mushroom • Superball Flower • Star • 1UP heart • Coin • Marine Pop • Sky Pop • Switch • Lift Block|
|Enemies & obstacles||Batadon • Bombshell Koopa • Bullet Biff • Bunbun • Chikako • Dropping lift • Falling block • Falling spike • Fly • Ganchan • Gao • Gunion • Goombo • Honen • Kumo • Mekabon • Nyololin • Pionpi • Pipe Fist • Piranha Plant • Pompon Flower • Roketon • Roto Disc • Suu • Tokotoko • Torion • Yurarin • Yurarin Boo|
|Other||Brick • Bonus game • Das Super Mario Spiel • Gallery • Glitches • Goal • Media • Mystery Block • Soundtrack|