Partrick is a character appearing in Super Mario Maker 2. He is a living Brick Block who appears in the Course Maker as well as in the game's Story Mode. His name is based on the name "Patrick" and the word "part", due to him being the symbol for course parts in Course Maker. His physical apperance is that of a flat Brick Block with eyes and stick legs.
In Course Maker, he is seen in the top left corner beside Soundfrog. Partrick represents course parts while Soundfrog represents sound effects. The player can switch between course parts and sounds by touching this icon.
In Story Mode, if the player completes Mr. Eraser's first job, he erases blocks covering a nearby red Warp Pipe. After the pipe is opened, Mario can enter it to find three Brick Blocks, one of which is actually Partrick. After Partrick is hit, he reveals himself and offers the player three different jobs: House of ! Blocks, Darkness Ahead, Darkness Below, and High atop Thwomp Tower. Once his first job is completed, Partrick adds a ? Block to the second floor of Peach's Castle. After his second job is completed, Partrick causes a Hidden Block to appear over a red flower. The block contains a vine which leads to Soundfrog. Completing Partrick's third and final course unlocks the Partrick Shirt.
- "Parton me..."
- "Hello. Have time for a job?"
- "There's something good in it for you..."
- "OK then."
- "Thank you!"
- "All right. I'm gonna make something good!"
- "♪Buildy buildy roo roo miracle roo!♪"
- "I put a special ? Block somewhere. *wink*"
- "I have another job for you."
- "And the reward is particularly good."
- "I put a hidden block somewhere. Your hint is...red flower."
- "I have one last job for you."
- "It comes with a special outfit."
- "Thanks for your help. I have no more jobs for you."
- "Hey, how's it going? Come visit me in Course Maker sometime."
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Stein||From steen (stone) and Stijn (a male given name).|
|French||M. Élément||Mr. Element|
|German||Mauritius||A given name, a pun on "Mauer" (brick wall)|
|Spanish||Muroberto||Pun on muro (wall) and the name Roberto|