- “Beep beep... (Rebooting system...)”
- —Coursebot, Super Mario Maker 2
Coursebot is the robotic tool that helps the player manage courses in the game Super Mario Maker, its remake, and its sequel, Super Mario Maker 2, based on the robot that saves and loads a painting in Mario Paint. By tapping on it from the menu, players can save a course they are working on, or access any other saved courses, whether self-made or from the internet. Courses completed in the 10-Mario Challenge and Super Mario Challenge can also be accessed. Additionally, if the Wii U is connected to the internet in Super Mario Maker or if the player has a Nintendo Switch Online subscription on the Nintendo Switch in Super Mario Maker 2, Coursebot can upload or delete courses to and from the online Course World. The maximum number of courses that can be saved to Coursebot at once is 120.
Coursebot is also one of Super Mario Maker's official course creators.
In Super Mario Maker 2's story mode, Coursebot appears as an NPC that can be interacted with. It is buried underground for most of the game, with only its antenna being visible; however, after the story has been completed, Mario can use a Warp Pipe to go underground and find its torso and legs, which he can then jump beneath to make Coursebot's head emerge from the ground. If Mario talks to Coursebot, then he can rewatch cutscenes from the story, namely the opening, the ending and the credits. Additionally, the version of the ending that Coursebot shows to Mario adds Coursebot itself to the scene featuring all of the other NPCs, where it emerges from behind Peach's Castle and waves. This scene shows that Coursebot is very large compared to other characters. Coursebot may also float past in the background of Course World.
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
- Digital manual bio: "Coursebot will keep your courses nice and safe. Tap this icon to save or load courses."
Super Mario Maker 2
- North American website bio: "Our robotic friend, Coursebot, is back to keep all your created courses in a safe place for easy access. You can also save your favorite courses from Course World** to take on the go!"
- "Beep beep... (Rebooting system...)"
- "Beep boop..."
- "Beep beep boop! (Reboot complete!)"
- "Beep beep... (Authenticating mustache...)"
- "Beep! (Authenticated!)"
- "Beep boop? (You are Mario, correct?)"
- "Beep boop. (Mario confirmed.)"
- "Beep boop beep beep. (I am a robot that plays Videos.)"
- "Beep beep boop? (Which video do you want to watch?)"
- "Beep boop. (See you later.)"
Names in other languages
|Record Robot (Super Mario Maker)|
Course Robot (Super Mario Maker 2)
|French (NOA)||Roboniveaux||From "robot" (robot) and "niveaux" (levels)|
|French (NOE)||Robostock||Portmanteau of "robot" and "stock"|
|German||Speicherbot||From "speichern" (to acumulate) and "roboter" (robot)|
|Italian||Memobot||From "memory" and "robot"|
|Portuguese||Robocópia||From "robô" (robot) and "cópia" (copy)|
|"УР" is short for "yровень" (uroven, level), combined with "120" (Super Mario Maker)|
From "уровень" (uroven, level) and "робот" (robot) (Super Mario Maker 2)
|Spanish||Guardabot||From "guarda" (to save) and "robot"|