List of fan-made Super Mario Maker courses highlighted by Nintendo
The following is a list of user-created Super Mario Maker courses that have been acknowledged and shared by Nintendo via social media platforms, Play Nintendo, and e-mail. The page shows information relevant to a course (such as its name, ID, or maker) only if it was provided by Nintendo themselves; in this respect, the names listed here for some courses and makers may not be accurate to their in-game names.
The official Nintendo Facebook page shared a number of user-created courses between October 5 and October 13, 2015 and gathered them in an album titled "Super Mario Maker Courses". These courses are listed in the following table.
|Course name||ID||Official difficulty rating||Facebook post link||Media|
|CRUSHeD iCe||2380-0000-0073-8307||Medium||[Facebook 1]|
|CARNiVORe HOLLOwS||1CAE-0000-0062-93FD||Easy||[Facebook 2]|
|GHASTLY MANSiON||10E9-0000-0029-8B97||Medium||[Facebook 3]|
|GOOMBA eXPReSS||29D0-0000-0047-A2E8||Medium||[Facebook 4]|
|A PiKMiN ADVeNTURe||FB2E-0000-004F-0F6E||Medium||[Facebook 5]|
|RAiDeRS OF THe LOST TeMPLe||A8BC-0000-0067-D3AE||Medium||[Facebook 6]|
|LiGHT AND SHADOw||C82E-0000-0038-7E5F||Medium||[Facebook 7]|
|SQUiDDiNG UNDeR THe SeA||7F07-0000-0052-D407||Easy||[Facebook 8]|
|wHAT AwAiTS BeLOw||DD45-0000-0040-38B9||Hard||[Facebook 9]|
|wOODeN TOweR||0B1E-0000-0014-ECE0||Medium||[Facebook 10]|
|SPINY SHELL HELMET SPEED DASH||F04E-0000-0029-4EE3||Easy||[Facebook 11]|
|THE FROZEN SUBMARINE||6350-0000-0079-338E||Medium||[Facebook 12]|
|LEARN TO YOSHI||5A60-0000-007A-44B9||Medium||[Facebook 13]|
|[YO!] PiRANHA PANDeMONiUM 2||2F7A-0000-006D-38E3||Medium||[Facebook 14]|
|RETURN TO BRINSTAR||7119-0000-002D-A85C||Medium||[Facebook 15]|
|SPINY’S COLLAPSING CASTLE||FF1C-0000-0084-0B10||Medium||[Facebook 16]|
|WELCOME TO THE YOSHI MUSEUM||2F9C-0000-007C-8F09||Medium||[Facebook 17]|
|GET OUTTA TOWN||CAD1-0000-0069-0FFC||Hard||[Facebook 18]|
The following courses have been shared by Nintendo of America on Twitter.
|Course name||Description||Maker||Tweet link||Media|
|American Ninja Wario||We’ve never seen Wario showcase this level of athletic ability! #SuperMarioMaker supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C8E8-0000-008C-B7E1||SLA83||[Twitter 1]|
|Super Mario Vs Mecha Bowzilla||Is anyone ready to take on Mecha Bowzilla?! #SuperMarioMaker supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C662-0000-023A-620F||Kiavik||[Twitter 2]|
Several fan-made courses were featured on the Play Nintendo website.
GameTruck Build to Win Super Mario Maker Championship
|The Winner's course||28C2-0000-00FB-42FA|
|The Finalist's course||915A-0000-005F-3767|
Valentine's Day courses
The following courses were shown as potential inspiration for players who wished to build courses for their Valentine's Day sweethearts.[Play Nintendo 2]
|The Many Faces of Whispy Woods||9DCF-0000-00FF-2F02||This fan-created course features one of the big baddies from the Kirby universe—there’s even a boss battle to beat! But if you build a nice Whispy Woods for your own course, you can let your sweetie sit under it while you go off to prepare a nice picnic.
What you’ll need:
|The Lunar Tower||EA1C-0000-0075-2BB1||This tough-to-beat course features a crescent moon (which everyone knows is the dreamiest kind). You might even win bonus Valentine’s Day points if you add a moon like this to your own course.
What you’ll need:
|Life on Mars||1D6C-0000-0042-EA18||Gaze at Mars and the stars and all that other celestial stuff in this space-y course. If you can recreate the Red Planet for your own course, your Valentine may think you’re out of this world!
What you’ll need:
|Enter the Volatile Volcano||3EEE-0000-0109-3239||This expert-level course features a volcano that’s bubbling over with hot lava—just like a heart that’s bubbling over with love! This would make a perfect Valentine’s Day addition in your own Super Mario Maker course to show how warm-hearted you are.
What you’ll need:
|Cake Lake||ED99-0000-00EA-F497||Top off your super-sweet Super Mario Maker course by baking (er, building) a giant Valentine’s Day cake. (Can you believe this level actually takes place under water?)
What you’ll need:
|Happy Valentinsday||B4CC-0000-01AD-745A||No Super Mario Maker Valentine’s Day course is complete without a big, red heart. It’s cool to see what some course creators use to build certain objects—this heart is made up of furious Bull's-Eye Blasters!
What you’ll need:
The following courses were promoted for the spring season.[Play Nintendo 3]
|The Curse of the Golden Flower||97C2-0000-01AA-E692||Nothing says spring like flowers, right? Well, this clever and creative course features a very special flower: the Fire Flower! Make your way through the temple to collect the Fire Flower, then head back to the entrance.
Special hint: Once you grab that Fire Flower, you’ll need to run as fast as you can to make it out of the temple safely!
|Flower Delivery||FD6D-0000-017A-5FF1||Fire Flowers are hard to miss in this course, because they keep popping up everywhere! Which is good, because you’ll need them to survive above the ground and under the water.||Y.K|
|Nabbit & Spike’s Shady Profits||24BF-0000-01F3-E3BB||Ready to get your bunny on? You can nab a costume to play as Nabbit on the ground sections of this course, and when you head underground, you can snatch a costume that will let you play as Spike.||Watoad|
|Skinny Mario's Strange Adventure||27FA-0000-01F2-211D||This silly course is full of the color green, which is by far the springiest color out there. And despite the course’s name, Mario actually turns into Weird Mario after grabbing a Weird Mushroom (which, to be fair, is awfully skinny).
Special hint: Make sure you grab the Spiny Helmet. You’ll need to wear it to make it through this course!
|Spike Fields||796C-0000-01F0-44D9||Spring brings to mind fields of flowers, as far as the eye can see. But in this course, the only fields are fields of Spike Traps! It’s definitely not fun to take a springtime stroll through that field.
Special hint: Spike Traps can damage Mario, so hop into the green Shoe to safely walk across them.
|Smashing Skewer Castle||659B-0000-01EF-1C8C||One way to start off the new season is with the new features from the recent Super Mario Maker update! This course is not really spring themed, but it's way too good to pass up. Make your way through the castle while dodging Skewers, a spiky new obstacle added to the course items list.
Special hint: Time your advances carefully, and let the Skewers smash open paths for you.
Nintendo of Europe's Weekly Course Collection
Each week starting October 23 through December 18, 2015, a number of fan-made courses were selected by the Nintendo staff and featured in a Weekly Course Collection on the official Nintendo of Europe website.[NoE 1] The courses are listed below by the date they were published on the website. Titles in foreign languages (e.g. Japanese) are followed by a translation from Nintendo of Europe in quotation marks.
October 23, 2015
Subscribers to the Nintendo Newsletter also received this week's course selection through an e-mail from Nintendo of Europe. The e-mail reads:
Super Mario Maker Weekly Course Collection
As a fan of Super Mario Maker we thought you might like to hear about some of the great user-created courses we recommend! Each of these has been hand-picked for their fun playability and creativity so we hope you like them. Just enter the Course ID in the Course World section of Super Mario Maker and have fun!
|Course name||ID||Description||Maker||Region||Image from nintendo-europe.com|
|Koopa’s Kave||3FC8-0000-0097-C522||With well-telegraphed jumps and a tense confrontation with a Kamek, this course is a combination of clever jumps with smart ideas. There’s a fun boss battle at the end to boot.||Matt|
|Simon's RETROPOLIS||B214-0000-008F-5137||A fun to play course with some brain-teasing puzzles that really considers how to design around Big Mario and features appearances from some classic Nintendo characters.||Simon||N/A|
|Mario’s Nightmare||84D5-0000-007C-7F9B||Ever wondered what Mario has nightmares about? This course combines sound effects and Big Mario to answer that question, providing a dreamy choice for those looking to play something a little different.||Old Dog|
|Travel Through Time||1798-0000-005B-F80B||This is a course with a greater focus on puzzles rather than platforming. It’s a smart design that uses puzzles and Pipes to create an illusion of time travel to great effect.||Kira|
|Pipeflip Airship||B73D-0000-0047-2D3F||This course takes the classic battleship stage and literally flips it to great effect. It’s also a solid platforming challenge, and one that will have you trying again and again until you’ve bested it.||McBacon|
|Spike Girls||4EBB-0000-0043-3A01||Starring Mushroom Kingdom royalty, this course is a great choice for those who want something that’s short, sweet, and just on the right side of tricky. How quickly can you finish it?||Kronoman|
|E-16: Castle à Go-Go||BC9E-0000-0082-FFF5||Overseas editions of Super Mario Advance 4 included 30 extra courses unlockable through the e-Reader. Dedicated fans like Nigge have recreated some of them, like this one featuring the mighty Kuribo’s Shoe.||Nigge|
|Air Battleship||6575-0000-00A1-CD2D||The design here is very pure and focused. As it starts scrolling, you’ll soon discover that beneath the barricade of cannonballs is a challenging Battleship course that constantly motivates you to see what happens next.||jgu_iwate|
|The Great Escape||6F21-0000-0096-34E0||This intelligent hybrid of puzzles and platforming will keep you constantly on your toes and wracking your brains until you’re finally free from the Koopa King’s clutches.||Zedarean|
|Teeny Tiny Castle||190A-0000-008F-2451||Taking place entirely on the same screen, each section is a puzzle onto itself, but one that must be solved quickly as the course must be completed within 100 seconds! With a clear rate of 0.6%, can you beat the Teeny Tiny Castle?||Rostum|
October 30, 2015
November 6, 2015
November 13, 2015
November 20, 2015
November 27, 2015
December 4, 2015
December 11, 2015
December 18, 2015
This week's collection features courses from previous collections.
|Course name||ID||Official difficulty rating||Description||Maker||Region||Image from nintendo-europe.com|
|The Great Escape||6F21-0000-0096-34E0||Hard||This intelligent hybrid of puzzles and platforming will keep you constantly on your toes and wracking your brains until you’re finally free from the Koopa King’s clutches.||Zedarean|
|[Yo!] Galactic Glacier Galaxy||065B-0000-0089-8CDC||Easy||With an immersive theme and a design that requires nimble jumping skills, while allowing for multiple routes to the end, this is a course that will have you returning again and again.||Tee|
|Flaming Ice Castle||CF2D-0000-0045-5522||Medium||'Flaming Ice Castle' features some great puzzles that require players to really think about how to use Bowser’s Bob-omb army to surpass all obstacles and reach the end intact.||Basmothel|
|Nintendo Remix!||0BAC-0000-00AA-D2C0||Medium||Make your way through a clever series of puzzles, each of which is themed after a particular character. Climb some vines with Donkey Kong, get back to your ship as Olimar, and explore a spooky mansion as Luigi.||Bearman|
|Pit of 10 Trials||EBBE-0000-0083-F263||Fiendish||The hardest challenge this week comes from 'Pit of 10 Trials'. With a fine-tuned difficulty curve, this is an endurance course that will test your puzzle and platforming skills to the limit.||Ndude|
|Bowserball!||A216-0000-00D8-C0F3||Easy||With the Mushroom Kingdom at stake, Buzzy Mario must step onto the battlefield and take on Bowser in a sport of his own choosing…||Tyler|
|Choice Chambers||30EF-0000-00A4-1FEF||Medium||Pick a path and choose your own adventure in this challenging course. Test your skills with the Fire Flower and Koopa Clown Car, team up with Yoshi, or go it alone in your journey to reach the end.||Frost|
“World Shift: Mario and the Mysterious Dual Worlds”
|1784-0000-00D6-9F4F||Easy||Turning Blocks into Coins is usually only possible with a P Switch, but in this course, it’s as simple as travelling through a Pipe. Don’t forget to bring items with you between each “world” to solve the puzzles that lie ahead!||Sanzensekai|
|World 6-3: Power-Ups is the Key||E67F-0000-00B2-ABE6||Medium||Each stage of this course can only be accessed with a particular power-up. As you progress through each challenge, you'll feel a great sense of empowerment spurring you on to reach the end.||Sean.W|
|Four Seasons Forest!||2815-0000-00EA-131A||Easy||Starting with summer, take a tour through the changing seasons. What surprises await you in autumn? Will winter conjure up a snowy paradise? Find out in this constantly evolving and imaginative course.||LMS¤7Cubed|
- List of official Super Mario Maker courses
- List of fan-made Super Mario Maker 2 courses highlighted by Nintendo
- CRUSHeD iCe. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived November 2, 2021, 09:13:56 UTC via archive.today.)
- CARNiVORe HOLLOwS. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived November 2, 2021, 09:08:00 UTC via archive.today.)
- GHASTLY MANSiON. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived December 13, 2021, 19:21:09 UTC via archive.today.)
- GOOMBA eXPReSS. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:44:07 UTC via archive.today.)
- A PiKMiN ADVeNTURe. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:46:04 UTC via archive.today.)
- RAiDeRS OF THe LOST TeMPLe. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:57:00 UTC via archive.today.)
- LiGHT AND SHADOw. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:52:19 UTC via archive.today.)
- SQUiDDiNG UNDeR THe SeA. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:54:21 UTC via archive.today.)
- wHAT AwAiTS BeLOw. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:55:14 UTC via archive.today.)
- wOODeN TOweR. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 01:59:53 UTC via archive.today.)
- SPINY SHELL HELMET SPEED DASH. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:02:04 UTC via archive.today.)
- THE FROZEN SUBMARINE. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:04:07 UTC via archive.today.)
- LEARN TO YOSHI. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:06:14 UTC via archive.today.)
- [YO!] PiRANHA PANDeMONiUM 2. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:08:34 UTC via archive.today.)
- RETURN TO BRINSTAR. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:10:49 UTC via archive.today.)
- SPINY’S COLLAPSING CASTLE. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:13:04 UTC via archive.today.)
- WELCOME TO THE YOSHI MUSEUM. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:15:09 UTC via archive.today.)
- GET OUTTA TOWN. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:17:08 UTC via archive.today.)
- NintendoAmerica (January 19, 2016). We’ve never seen Wario showcase this level of athletic ability! #SuperMarioMaker. Retrieved July 31, 2020. (Archived May 18, 2020, 23:00:06 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- NintendoAmerica (May 12, 2016). Is anyone ready to take on Mecha Bowzilla?! #SuperMarioMaker. Retrieved July 31, 2020. (Archived May 18, 2020, 22:55:19 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- Play Nintendo
- Super Mario Maker GameTruck Championship Courses. Play Nintendo. Archived May 5, 2016, 16:19:08 UTC from the original via Wayback Machine. Retrieved June 28, 2023.
- Best Valentine's Day Courses. Play Nintendo. Archived February 13, 2016, 14:30:33 UTC from the original via Wayback Machine. Retrieved July 31, 2020.
- Best Spring Courses. Play Nintendo. Archived April 30, 2016, 03:25:01 UTC from the original via Wayback Machine. Retrieved July 21, 2023.
- Super Mario Maker Courses. Facebook. Retrieved January 22, 2022. (Archived January 22, 2022, 02:38:42 UTC via archive.today.)
- IGN (November 22, 2016). Super Mario Maker Official Play Everywhere, Create Anywhere Trailer. YouTube. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- Nintendo (May 15, 2019). Super Mario Maker 2 Direct 5.15.2019. YouTube. Retrieved July 31, 2020.
- Screenshot of the e-mail