- This article is about the winged species of Galoomba, previously referred to as "Flying Goomba". For the recurring winged Goomba also referred to as "Flying Goomba", see Paragoomba. For their Mario Clash counterpart, see Para-Goomba (Mario Clash). For the parachuting Galoomba in Super Mario World, see Parachute Galoomba.
|First appearance||Super Mario World (1990)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)|
Paragaloombas (originally known as Flying Goombas) are Galoombas with wings, first appearing in Super Mario World. They act much like Paragoombas do; typically, they jump around using their wings, but some works such as the Super Mario World television series and Mario Party 3 depict them as capable of full flight.
Super Mario series
Super Mario World
Flying Goombas first appear in Super Mario World and its reissue, Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, where they alternate between walking and jumping around. Once stomped on, they change into wingless Goombas, like how Paragoombas turn into regular Goombas when stomped. When walking, unlike normal Goombas, they will always walk towards the player's direction.
Super Mario Maker / Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
Super Mario Maker 2
Paragaloombas reappear in Super Mario Maker 2. In addition to retaining their previous properties, by tapping and holding Paragaloombas in Course Maker, they can be changed into a winged, Goombrat-like Goombud variant.
Super Mario World television series
In the Super Mario World cartoons, Para-Goombas appear only once, in the show's series premiere, "Fire Sale," where several of them appear to attack Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool, and Yoshi. This swarm of Para-Goombas is eventually defeated by Mario, who knocks them away after jumping through the air. These Para-Goombas appear to be an odd cross between Flying Goombas and the standard Para-Goombas of Super Mario Bros. 3 and later games, as they have the facial design and lack of stem of the former, yet their heads have a mushroom-like shape akin to the former.
Super Mario Adventures
In Super Mario Adventures, a Flying Goomba makes a relatively minor appearance, being seen among the creatures sent by Bowser to attack Princess Toadstool's Palace. One is also seen among the attendees to Bowser's marriage to the hypnotized Princess Toadstool.
Mario Party 3
A Flying Goomba appears as a sewing pattern in Mario Family.
Tribe: Mushroom clan
Disposition: Live wire
Game appearances: World
A winged version of the mushroom Galoomba (p. 73). They flap around near the ground. Once you step on it, the wings come off and it becomes just a Galoomba.
- Bio: 羽根の生えたクリボン。踏むと羽根が取れてクリボンになる。(A winged Galoomba. When you step on it, the feathers come off and it becomes a Galoomba.)
Para-Goombas in the cartoon episode "Fire Sale"
Artwork used for a Super Mario puzzle
Super Mario Maze Picture Book 4: Princess Peach Disappeared
Super Mario Game Picture Book 2: Mario and Luigi
A Flying Goomba affected by Fall in Super Mario Advance 2
Names in other languages
|Combination of「パタクリボー」(Pata Kuribō, Paragoomba) and「クリボン」(Kuribon, Galoomba)|
Pere arruffate (Super Mario World television series)
- English Super Mario World entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 13, 2022 14:17:58 UTC via archive.today.)
- M. Arakawa. Nintendo Mario Mania Player's Guide. Page 50.
- "Oh no! Para-Goombas!" – Princess Toadstool, "Fire Sale"
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 153.
- 「スーパーマリオブラザーズ百科: 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), Super Mario World section, page 55.
- Super Mario World Shogakukan Book 1. Page 29.
- Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, page 55
- "Oh regardez! Des Paragoombas!" - Princesse Peach, Catastrophe écologique
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia. Page 63.