|First appearance||Paper Mario (2000)|
Goombaria is Goombario's younger sister from the game Paper Mario. She discovers an unconscious Mario after his initial defeat at the hands of Bowser (and his Star Rod). After telling her family, Mario is brought to a Toad House to recover. Goombaria usually hangs in Goomba Village. Goombaria had also lost her Dolly. If Mario returns it to her, she will give him a Star Piece and a kiss.
Later in the game, Mario receives a letter from her, where she expresses her curiosity about his adventure with Goombario. She also says that she sometimes goes shopping in Toad Town with mom, which she does during Chapter 5. At the end of Chapter 7 they returned to Goomba Village. At the end of the game, Goombaria and her family is invited to the party at Peach's Castle.
In a similar manner to how Goombario's name is a portmanteau of Goomba and Mario, Goombaria's name would appear to be a combination of Goomba and the name Maria. It may also, however, simply be a more feminine-sounding variation of Goombario's name.
- "She's my sister, Goombaria. She's a spoiled girl, but still, everyone's always nice to her. Why?"
- Main article: List of letters in Paper Mario
Are you and Goombario doing OK? I'm fine. Oh! This is Goombaria, by the way.
Are you having an exciting adventure? Is Goombario being a hero? Or is he just goofing off?
You know... I sometimes go shopping in Toad Town with Mom. Maybe we'll see you there. I'd really like to hear some of your exciting stories. I can't wait! Really!
You can beat up Bowser--I know it!♡
Goombaria giving Mario a Star Piece in Goomba Village.
Names in other languages
|From「クリボー」(Kuribō, Goomba) and「子」(-ko, a suffix used in female given names)|
|Transliteration of Japanese「クリボー」(Kuribō, Goomba) + 妹妹 (mèimei, sister)|
- Goombaria appears in the game's code as an unused partner. If hacked into gameplay, she has no special abilities, and trying to enter a battle with her as the active partner will crash the game. Her partner icon, like Goompa's and Twink's, is the same as Kooper's.
- Between Chapters 5 and 7, Goombaria goes to Toad Town with her mother to shop. At this time, she does not acknowledge if Mario still has her missing Dolly in his inventory. Mario can only give the Dolly back to her when she is in Goomba Village.
- In the English version of Paper Mario, when Chuck Quizmo asks Goombaria's name in his quiz, one of the incorrect answers is "Goombette", a name later used for a female Goomba character in Super Mario Odyssey. Its Japanese equivalent is クリスチーヌ, which is Goombella's Japanese name.