- This article is about the room from Paper Mario. For the room known as the Play Room in the British English version of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, see Rumpus Room.
The Playroom is found in Paper Mario. Its purpose is to allow Mario to obtain coins by playing minigames. To find the hidden place, Mario must go south of Toad Town, across from the Li'l Oinks, and there he finds a tree. When Mario uses his Hammer to whack the tree, a Warp Pipe appears, leading to the Playroom. In the Playroom, Mario needs at least a Silver Credit given by Koopa Koot to play the minigame, Jump Attack. There are only two minigames in this place. If Mario has the Gold Credit, he can also play a minigame called Smash Attack.
- "This is the reception area for the Playroom. You should ask what kind of games they have, Mario."
- "It's called Jump Attack. If you win the game, you'll collect lots of coins. If you lose, you won't get a thing. Too bad!"
- "They said this is called Smash Attack. The idea is to whack the blocks placed on the floor. Let's get in there and smash all of 'em! But... Actually, it may not be a good idea to hit them all."
Names in other languages
- Due to an error in the game, the tree that makes the entrance appear can be hit with Bombette behind the Li'l Oink Farm.