Tubba Blubba's Castle
|Tubba Blubba's Castle|
Mario and Lady Bow inside Tubba Blubba's Castle
|First appearance||Paper Mario (2000)|
|Greater location||Mushroom Kingdom, at the end of Gusty Gulch|
|Inhabitants||Clubbas, Sentinels, Yakkey|
Tubba Blubba's Castle is the residence of Paper Mario's third boss, Tubba Blubba. The castle's rooms, halls, and furniture are sized proportionately to Tubba's size. It is at the top of Gusty Gulch, beyond the windmill where Tubba's Heart resides. The castle resembles a medieval Spanish hacienda.
The castle is staffed by Clubbas, along with unnamed flying sentinels that will carry Mario to the front door outside. Using Lady Bow's cloaking move is the best way to avoid confrontation. In Chapter 3 of the game, Mario and Lady Bow explore the castle while searching for Tubba Blubba's weakness. They find the talking Yakkey, who awakens Tubba Blubba and leads to the party's escape from the castle.
Mario and his partners head for the castle in Chapter 3 in order to find Tubba Blubba's weak points. At first, only the west door in the hallway is unlocked. By going all the way left and taking the stairs to the north, Mario is able to find the Castle Key in the basement which allows him to go right from the lobby and then upstairs. In the basement, there hides a Boo who sneaked in to find Tubba Blubba's weakness. He warns Mario not to directly fight Tubba Blubba until his weak point is found. With the help of two additional Castle Keys, Mario reaches Tubba Blubba's bedroom. When Mario grabs Yakkey, the key in Tubba's bedroom, it reveals the secret as well as waking up Tubba Blubba. Tubba will chase Mario out of the castle all the way down to the Windy Mill. The thin wooden bridges across the main lobby will crash when Tubba stamps on them, giving Mario a shortcut to the bottom.
Tubba Blubba is defeated near Windy Mill after his heart is beaten at the end of Chapter 3. He then spits out all the Boos he ate and runs away. If Mario checks the castle afterwards, he will find that the Clubbas and the Sentinels are all gone, besides one Clubba sleeping in the corner of the eastern corridor who doesn't seem to mind Mario's presence or his fellow Clubbas' absence. This Clubba also disappears after Chapter 4, around the same time a similarly noddy and lazy Clubba appears in Peach's Castle to help secure it. The bridges in the castle that were destroyed during the chase across the main lobby will be fixed, in order to give the player a chance to collect the missing Star Pieces and Badges. If the player finds Herbert (a Boo once eaten by Tubba Blubba) in Gusty Gulch after the defeat of Tubba Blubba and talks to him, he will reveal that his ancestors once lived in the castle.
- Main article: List of minor NPCs in Paper Mario#Tubba Blubba's Castle
|A Boo hiding in the basement. When talked to, he says that he has sneaked into the castle in order to find Tubba Blubba's weak point. He then gives advice to Mario. After Tubba Blubba is defeated, he will be absent.|
|A "friendly" Clubba who is so sleepy that he remains when everyone leaves. He can be found sleeping in the wall corner near the stairs to the second floor after Tubba Blubba is defeated.|
Tubba Blubba (Chapter 3 Boss; cannot be defeated, players can only run from him)
Sentinel (cannot be fought; they'll throw Mario out of the castle if he is spotted)
|Star Piece||On the desk in the second room north of the first-floor corridor.|
|On a big desk on the first-floor corridor. Mario can fall down from the room above to reach it.|
|Castle Key||In the basement. Mario can get it by falling down from the final room to the north of the first-floor corridor.|
|In the spike room on the second floor (requires Bow).|
|In the room full of Clubbas to the north of the third-floor corridor.|
|D-Down Jump||In the first room to the north of the first-floor corridor. Mario can get it from the room above.|
|Mega Rush||Down the ledge above the bed in the room behind the clock on the second floor.|
|Maple Syrup||In a question block by the stair that leads to the third floor.|
|Mystical Key||In a chest box in the east corner of Tubba Blubba's room on the third floor.|
- "What a huge hall! Looks like it's crumbling, though. Boy, if this main hall collapses, the entire castle will follow. This whole place looks like it's falling apart."
- "It's a corridor. I'm sure it was really magnificent before Tubba Blubba let it get filthy. You can barely see the beauty beneath the dirt."
- "Filthy as it is, this castle has surprisingly little dust."
- "Ooh! The dining room set here is fantastic! If they got curtains that weren't so old, they could really bring the room together."
- "Wow! This room is huge! I guess Tubba Blubba's pretty big, though, so it's probably just the right size. High ceilings really make a room feel luxurious."
- "There're the stairs. Ugh! A cobweb! I just can't stand creatures that don't tidy up..."
- "This is a basement, isn't it? Yup...and a big one, too. This makes a great hiding place. I don't think Clubbas patrol down here, so it's probably safe to rest for a while."
- "There're the stairs. Even the staircases are big. This place is monstrous."
- "This castle's too big... I'm so tired. All we ever do is walk..."
- "You know, even the huge cracks in the walls don't bother me that much. But spiderwebs? C'mon, a little housecleaning, people!"
- "You think Tubba Blubba likes this castle? If he did, you'd think he could spend a little time fixing it up. I mean, an occasional cleaning... What a waste."
- "Whoa! Spikes in the floor! Don't try to jump over 'em! There are too many! How can we get through without being hurt by the spikes?"
- "Oh, here we go! A chair tipped over, a drawer left open... Doesn't anyone ever clean around here? While we're here, though, let's take a closer look at that drawer."
- "Ugh...more stairs... Up and down, up and down... Will it never end? It's just a little tiring, that's all."
- "We've been in here a while. I wouldn't mind having a house this huge. Of course, it's kind of a pain to have to walk so far between rooms. We could get an excellent game of hide and seek going in here, but I guess kids might get lost pretty easily. Well... I wouldn't get lost, of course."
- "What is this, a Clubba nap room? If we don't disturb 'em, maybe they won't wake up. But sshh... We must go slow and be quiet..."
- "This is only a corridor but it's as big as an ordinary room. Is that necessary? This area alone might be bigger than my entire house. That makes me mad for some reason."
- "Hey look! A table, a bed, a chest and a drawer. This is the only tasteful room in the place! Everything is so elegantly coordinated."
In-game map description
- The Invincible Tubba Blubba lives in this castle.
- After Chapter 3
- The Once-Invincible Tubba Blubba used to live in this castle.
Names in other languages
Dogabon no Shiro
|Tubba Blubba's Castle|
Túbā Bùlùbā Chéngbǎo
|Tubba Blubba Castle|
|French||Château de Tubba Blubba||Tubba Blubba's Castle|
|German||Tubba Blubbas Schloss||Tubba Blubba's Castle|
|Spanish||Castillo de Tubba Blubba||Tubba Blubba's Castle|