A rock on Lavalava Island's beach
|First appearance||Paper Mario (2000)|
|Greater location||Mushroom Kingdom|
|Ruler||Raphael the Raven|
|Inhabitants||Bellbell Plants, Bulb Bushs, Cymbal Bushs, Hurt Plants, M. Bushs, Trumpet Plants, Jungle Fuzzies, etc.|
Lavalava Island is an island in Paper Mario and is the holding place for Misstar, the fifth Star Spirit. Jade Jungle, Yoshi's Village and Mt. Lavalava are all areas on the island explored by Mario. Yoshi's Cabana is the only real building on this island. Yoshis, Raphael the Raven and Sushie live here, and after Mario helps Sushie find 5 missing Yoshi kids, she joins him on his quest to save Princess Peach. While Mario and his partners visit the island with Kolorado, something happens in Mt. Lavalava, and Mario takes a tough journey through the lava-infested environment. The boss of the area is Lava Piranha and two Lava Buds. Also, the rare Trumpet Plant can also be found here, as well as Bellbell Plants and Cymbal Bushes.
According to Russ T., who lives in Toad Town, Lavalava Island used to be home to a mysterious people long before Yoshis and Ravens arrived. He claims that these people used to live in Mt. Lavalava's various outside caves. He confirms this based on the artifact that Kolorado found there.
Mario and his partners go to the island with the help of the whale at the beginning of Chapter 5. The whale serves like a boat between Toad Town and Lavalava Island for the rest of the game. There is also a blue Warp Pipe that connects Toad Town Tunnels and Yoshi's Village on the island.
|Star Piece||In the rightmost tree in the beach scene.|
|Letter||On a big stone on the beach.|
|Stop Watch||Behind a bush in the whale scene.|
|Coconut||On several trees near the shore.|
|Repel Gel||In the west hidden block on the beach.|
|Mystery?||In the east hidden block on the beach.|
|Going one screen southeast from the island's westernmost shore with the whale, the hidden ? Block is directly southeast of the first Bellbell Plant.|
|In the same area, going east, a second hidden ? Block is directly southwest of the second Bellbell Plant.|
- This is where the whale comes and goes! Riding the whale sure was fun! This is where all travelers first set foot on the beach of Lavalava Island. Beautiful water... Deep, lush jungles... A huge volcano... There's something for everyone!
- These beaches seem to go on forever, don't they? I've never seen some of these flowers. They're sure pretty! I should look for some shells if we have time later. I'm going to take flowers and shells back to Goombaria. She'll be happy...and she'll also be jealous. Ha ha ha!
- Yoshis seem to love the beach. Just looking at those guys basking in the sun makes me feel very relaxed. And yet, even though I'd love to just sleep on the beach, I'm excited to move on. Nothing compares to adventure, that's for sure!
- There's a real tropical resort atmosphere here, isn't there? There's a nice Toad House with beach access, and you can go to the volcano or Jade Jungle.
- The entrance to the volcano is very near here. A green jungle, a massive volcano and red-hot, flowing lava. What a view! It probably wouldn't look so good if the lava were coming toward us.
- I thought jungles were supposed to be all trees, but this one's full of water. Are all jungles like this? It looks like we can't reach the other shores from here. We'll have to find another way.
- Sometimes crossing bridges is the only way to reach certain islands. It seems like a pain, but what are you gonna do?
- This is where we saved Sushie when she was caught up in that tree. Waa ha ha ha... I just can't help laughing when I remember that! Please don't tell her I laughed about it, Mario!
- I can't imagine what those Yoshi kids were thinking...... playing in a place like this... I'm not surprised, though. Kids! Always up to something! Besides, it's natural to want to go on an adventure.
- We're in Jade Jungle. Quite a lot of water, huh? Since there's no bridge, we'll have to find another way to get around.
- That rotating flower down by that ledge? Locals call it a Spinning Flower. If you spin around on top of that flower, I hear that you can float upward.
- For a jungle, there sure aren't many trees around. It gets brutally hot here whenever the sun shines directly on me.
- I bet only jungle explorers know about this hidden underground chamber. It's so dark in here I can't see a thing.
- There's a big Raven's statue. You gotta figure... A big statue this deep in the jungle... I bet it's important.
- My, it's bright here! This must be on the outskirts of the jungle, huh? Incidentally, I have no idea how those Yoshi kids could come this deep into the jungle.
- Ooh... it's darker in here. The trees are much thicker and that bizarre ivy seems to be growing everywhere.
- What cool little fountains! Must be an underground spring. If we push these blocks over the holes to seal 'em, what'll happen to the water? Do you think it'll come out from another hole?
- Looks like some of the ivy is hanging off the trees here. I wonder what would happen if you pulled on it?
- What part of Jade Jungle are we in? I'm thinking we're deep in the inner jungle. I think I hear something. From just ahead, I can almost hear mysterious voices...
- What a huge tree! This definitely must be the biggest tree in Jade Jungle. How old must it be?
- It's so spacious in here! I can't believe we're inside a tree right now.
- Whoa! We're way up high! The jungle floor looks so tiny from here! Gulp! Have I mentioned before that I hate heights?
- I can't get over how huge the inside of this tree is! It's enormous! It's mammoth! And another thing, it's giant!
- This appears to be the nest of Raphael the Raven. He's the guardian of Jade Jungle. This nest is really sturdy. It won't budge, even if Raphael jumps up and down on the branch.
Names in other languages
|「ジャンボル」is probably a pun on "jumbo", "jungle" and "volcano"; and「島」means "island"|
|French||Île Lavelave||Lavalava Island|
|Spanish||Isla Lavalava||Lavalava Island|