- Not to be confused with Yoshi Village.
Mario and Watt in Yoshi's Village as well as many Yoshis
|First appearance||Paper Mario (2000)|
|Greater location||Lavalava Island|
|Inhabitants||Yoshis, Ravens, Sushie, and a Toad|
Yoshi's Village is a small coastal village that is visited during Paper Mario. It is located on Lavalava Island. As its name suggests, the village is entirely inhabited by Yoshis, who are led by the rather plump Village Leader. The buildings in this village are all made of straw, bamboo and other natural materials. There is a Toad House and an item shop named Yoshi's Cabana.
Mario comes upon this village during his journeys in Chapter 5. During his adventures here, he helps a Cheep Cheep named Sushie round up the group of young Yoshis called the Fearsome 5 and return them to their parents. In return for this deed, Mario is given the Jade Raven by the Village Leader, which he uses to gain access to the deeper parts of the thick Jade Jungle.
There is a blue pipe between Toad Town Tunnels and Yoshi's Village. It can only be unlocked after Sushie joins Mario's party.
- Main article: List of minor NPCs in Paper Mario#Yoshi's Village
- Village Leader
- A brown Yoshi who is the Village Leader's friend
- Fearsome 5 and their parents
- Sushie (joins Mario's party in Chapter 5)
- A blue Yoshi running Yoshi's Cabana
- A red Toad running a Toad House
In addition to the items listed below, several items can be purchased from Yoshi's Cabana, and two Star Pieces can be obtained from Kolorado here. Chuck Quizmo also has the chance to appear here and 64 Star Pieces in total can be obtained.
|Star Piece||Under a hidden panel in front of the Raphael statue.|
|Letter||Given by the Red Yoshi Kid after giving him a letter from Dane T.|
|Jade Raven||Given by the Village Leader after finding all the Yoshi kids.|
|Magical Seed||Given by Kolorado after exchanging the Volcano Vase.|
|Coconut||On the leftmost and the rightmost trees of the first scene and the rightmost tree on the second.|
|Melon||Mario can trade food cooked by Tayce T. with the adult yellow Yoshi for Melons. This cannot be done after the Yoshi kids go missing until Lava Piranha is defeated in Mt. Lavalava.|
- "Yoshis seem to love the beach. Just looking at those guys basking in the sun makes me feel very relaxed. And yet, even though I'd love to just sleep on the beach, I'm excited to move on. Nothing compares to adventure, that's for sure!"
- "There's a real tropical resort atmosphere here, isn't there? There's a nice Toad House with beach access, and you can go to the volcano or Jade Jungle."
In-game map description
- Yoshis and Ravens live in this village on Lavalava Island. A Toad House and a shop have been built here.
Names in other languages
|French||Village Yoshi||Yoshi Village|
|German||Yoshis Siedlung||Yoshi's Settlement|
|Spanish||Pueblo Yoshi||Yoshi Village|
- The theme that plays in Yoshi's Village is the same theme that plays in the file select screen in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.