Mysterious Treasure Chest
- This article is about a special kind of treasure chest from Paper Mario. For treasure chests in general, see treasure chest.
- “They say you can put things in this chest and take them out of the other chest. Isn't that, well, mysterious?”
- —Princess Peach, Paper Mario
In Paper Mario, the Mysterious Treasure Chest, sometimes referred to as simply a treasure chest, is a two-way object that allows for one to make a deposit in one chest and be able to obtain the same object in a separate identical chest some distance away. Princess Peach and Merluvlee are the only known residents in the Mushroom Kingdom to own one of these kind of chests. During the events of Paper Mario, Peach uses the chest to deposit Badges and items that she can obtain throughout her end-of-chapter events before the player resumes play with Mario. Mario needs to visit Merluvlee's place near Shooting Star Summit to retrieve the items in transit.
According to Princess Peach, the chest has been passed down through the generations of her family. She is aware there are two Mysterious Treasure Chests in existence, but is unaware that the other one is owned by Merluvlee.
List of Badges and items Peach can obtain
- Power Rush: First available post-chapter 2, in the castle library.
- Deep Focus: First available post-chapter 2, in the treasure chest room.
- Last Stand: First available post-chapter 4, in the Toad's room on the first floor.
- Jammin' Jelly: Only available post-chapter 5, as the prize for winning the 64th Trivia Quiz-Off.
- Shooting Star: Only available post-chapter 6, obtained by talking to the Hammer Bro at end of the library corridor while disguised using the Sneaky Parasol.
Names in other languages
|Mysterious Treasure Chest|