A Big Goomba being split into two Hefty Goombas in New Super Mario Bros. U
|First appearance||New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario Bros. Wonder (2023)|
|Variant of||Big Goomba|
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Hefty Goombas first appear in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. They split into two normal Goombas when stomped. They appear in the World 1 Enemy Course and in World 8-2. They are the only large enemies that can be frozen by ice balls, but need to be Ground Pounded since they cannot be lifted because of their huge size. Returning Giant Goombas are shown to be two times larger than a Hefty Goomba and split into two Hefty Goombas when stomped.
New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Hefty Goombas make an appearance in New Super Mario Bros. U, with the same behavior as seen previously. In this game, they appear in the Goomba Enemy Course in Layer-Cake Desert as well as in the level Jungle of the Giants in Soda Jungle, appearing when the player jumps on a Big Goomba.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. U
|kuriboBig||Big Goomba (shared)|
Names in other languages
|Mini Big Goomba|
|French||Maxi Mini Goomba||Mini Maxi Goomba|
- In Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Maker, Big Goombas are approximately the same size as Hefty Goombas, and the latter appearance borrows the same attribute of splitting into two regular Goombas when stomped.
- Stratton, Steve. New Super Mario Bros. U PRIMA Official Game Guide, pages 28, 32 and 122.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, pages 145 and 209.
- Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, page 209
- Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, pagg. 145, 209 (shared with Big Goomba)
- Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, pag. 210 (in Big Goomba's description)