Bird's-eye view of the Vanilla Dome
|Game||Super Mario World (1990)|
|<< List of worlds >>|
The Vanilla Dome is the third world in Super Mario World, as well as the north-northwestern portion of Dinosaur Land. It is a cave world inside a mountain with seven regular levels, a Ghost House, the Red Switch Palace, Star Road 2, a fortress, and #3 Lemmy's Castle. The cave contains enemies such as Swoopers and Buzzy Beetles, as well as lava. The world has a secret path that leads to the mountaintop above the cave, which has a few secret levels and leads to the Butter Bridge. There is also a lake in the middle, where Vanilla Dome 2 takes place.
Levels that are marked with an asterisk (*) feature another exit.
- Jumping Piranha Plant
- Buzzy Beetle
- Piranha Plant
- Cheep Cheep
- Koopa Paratroopa
- Koopa without a Shell
- Spike Top
Names in other languages
|French||Dôme Vanille||Vanilla Dome|
|Italian||Cupola Vaniglia||Vanilla Dome|
|Portuguese||Cúpula da Baunilha||Vanilla Dome|
|Spanish||Colina Vainilla||Vanilla Hill|
|French||Montagne Secrète||Secret Mountain|
| Vanilla Dome - BGM||File info|
- Though the Vanilla Dome never made an appearance in the Super Mario World cartoon, the show exclusive area, the Lava Pits, seemed to take several elements from the Vanilla Dome, such as Blarggs and Skull Rafts.
- This is the first world to have (a) level(s) having a bigger circle instead of a normal one; the others are in the Forest of Illusion and Valley of Bowser. Of these, the big circle that represents Vanilla Dome 3 is the only one that does not lead to an alternate path with a fortress.
- The music for the Vanilla Dome was remixed in the SNES version of Mario's Time Machine as the title theme, which also incorporates the melody of the castle music from Super Mario World.
- M. Arakawa. Nintendo Mario Mania Player's Guide. Pages 78 and 79.
- Dinosaur Land map on a folded flyer included with Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
- Super Mario World Japanese instruction booklet (fold-out)