Full bird's-eye view of Donut Plains
|Game||Super Mario World (1990)|
|<< List of worlds >>|
Donut Plains is the second world of Dinosaur Land in Super Mario World, and it is the western portion of the aforementioned location. It has a plains theme, though two of the levels are forest-themed. The first Ghost House of the game, as well as the first course with multiple exits, is located in this world, and the Cape Feather is also introduced. The Top Secret Area located here can be visited multiple times for various power-ups, including Yoshis. Its name is a reference to its unique shape, like that of a doughnut, fitting with the overall theme of Dinosaur Land areas being named after foods. The Donut Plains is ruled by Morton Koopa Jr. in the second castle, and is reached only after defeating Iggy Koopa in the first castle in the previous world, Yoshi's Island. Donut Plains is named Donut Land in the cutscene pertaining to Iggy's defeat.
Donut Plains reappears as a series of courses (Donut Plains 1, 2, and 3) in Super Mario Kart. Donut Plains 1 later reappears in Mario Kart DS, Donut Plains 3 reappears in Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and all three reappear in Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Mario Kart Tour. In addition to these courses, a remix course based on Donut Plains, RMX Donut Plains 1, appears in Mario Kart Tour, introduced in the Battle Tour.
Levels that are marked with an asterisk (*) have a secret exit.
- Koopa without a Shell
- Koopa Troopa
- Jumping Piranha Plant
- Koopa Paratroopa
- Amazing Flyin' Hammer Brother
- Flying Goomba
Names in other languages
|Donut Plains; written in English as "Doughnut Plains" in the Super Mario World Shogakukan guide.|
Plaines de Beignets
Pianure delle Ciambelle
|Portuguese (NOA)||Planície Rosquinha
|Russian||Бубликовые поля (Mario Kart 8)
|Spanish||Llanura del Donut||Donut Plain|
| Donut Plains - BGM||File info|
- In Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, a singing Shelltop in Dozing Sands mentions Donut Plains, Jolly Roger Bay, and Hoohoo Mountain.
- In the German version of Super Smash Bros., Mushroom Kingdom is referred to as Donut Plains for unknown reasons. This was fixed in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Super Mario World Japanese instruction booklet (fold-out)
- 「任天堂公式ガイドブック スーパーマリオワールド」 (Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook – Super Mario World), page 43.
- Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 iQue version screenshot
- After defeating Iggy
- Super Mario Kart French instruction booklet, page 27
- Super Mario World Italian instruction booklet page 21
- Super Mario World Brazilian instruction booklet, page 19