|First appearance||Super Mario World (1990)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (2001)|
|Effect||Gives 10 Bonus Coins|
Super Mario World
In Super Mario World and its reissue, when Yoshi eats two Pink Berries, he hatches an egg with a Yoshi Cloud inside, which then hovers above Mario or Luigi and pops out ten Bonus Coins, after which it flies away. If Mario or Luigi manages to collect all ten coins, the Yoshi Cloud will reward him with a 1-Up Mushroom. The Yoshi Cloud can appear only in Cookie Mountain, Forest of Illusion 1, Forest of Illusion 3, and Groovy as these are the only levels with more than one Pink Berry.
In chapter 8 of volume 2 in Super Mario-kun, while fighting a Jumping Pumpkin Plant, Mario falls on Yoshi, making him pop out an egg. Inside, a Yoshi Cloud appears. Mario jumps on it and eats the Bonus Coins, becoming the big-headed Nikoniko Mario, scaring off the enemy.
Names in other languages
|French||Nuage Rieur||Laughing Cloud|
|Italian||Nuvola Bonus||Bonus Cloud|
- M. Arakawa. Nintendo Mario Mania Player's Guide. Page 98. "YOSHI CLOUDS If Yoshi eats enough berries, he’ll lay an Egg that turns into a cloud. The cloud floats overhead and leaves a trail of Coins."
- Super Mario-kun volume 2, pg. 112
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario World section, page 61.
- Super Mario Manga Adventures volume 2, pg. 112
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia. pg. 68.