Bird's-eye view of the Twin Bridges
|Game||Super Mario World (1990)|
|<< List of worlds >>|
The Twin Bridges, also known as the Cookie Mountain region, are the fourth world of Dinosaur Land in Super Mario World. They largely consist of a pair of parallel bridges found in the northern portion of Dinosaur Land. They comprise the Butter Bridge and the Cheese Bridge. The Twin Bridges, combined with Cookie Mountain (the latter of which is the northeastern portion of Dinosaur Land), make up this world, which is sky-based. The Cheese Bridge is the smaller bridge (it has only six logs on the world map) and has only one level between the mountainsides. The Butter Bridge is the larger bridge (it has twelve logs on the world map) and has two levels connecting each mountaintop, and is accessed by a secret path in the Vanilla Dome. Before the player reaches this area, only the Cheese Bridge stands to connect the Vanilla Dome with Cookie Mountain. Only by accessing the aforementioned secret exit, the Butter Bridge will appear. By reaching the secret exit of the Cheese Bridge, Mario gains access to Soda Lake, which in turn leads to the third Star Road. Both bridges lead to #4 Ludwig's Castle.
Levels that are marked with an asterisk (*) feature another exit.
Names in other languages
Ni Hon Hashi
Tsuin Burijji to Senbei Yama
|Two Main Bridges (Shogakukan guide); written in English as "Twin Bridges". The Shogakukan guide further specifies Butter Bridge 1 and Butter Bridge 2 as part of "Butter Bridge", Cheese Bridge Area and Soda Lake as part of "Cheese Bridge", and Cookie Mountain and #4 Ludwig's Castle as part of "Senbei Mountain"|
Twin Bridges & Senbei Mountain (Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros.)
|Italian||Ponti Gemelli||Twin Bridges|
|Portuguese||Área das Pontes Gêmeas||Twin Bridges Area|
|Spanish||Puentes Gemelos||Twin Bridges|
- Nintendo Mario Mania Player's Guide. Pages 38-39, 94-101, 105, 151.
- Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 official website (Wayback Archive). Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- Super Mario World Shogakukan Book 1 (pg. 73).
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario World section, page 58.
- Super Mario World Shogakukan Book 1 (pg. 74) 「バターブリッジ」
- Super Mario World Shogakukan Book 1 (pg. 76) 「チーズブリッジ」
- Super Mario World Shogakukan Book 1 (pgs. 78 & 80) 「せんべい山」