P Warp Door
|P Warp Door|
A New Super Mario Bros. U-styled P Warp Door from Super Mario Maker
|A typically blue door that appears when a switch is pressed.|
|First appearance||Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)|
P Warp Doors are Warp Doors that can be entered only when a P Switch is active, similarly to how Key Doors require a key. P Warp Doors first appear in Super Mario Bros. 3. In the game and its reissues, a P Warp Door first appears in the second fortress of Giant Land, although it is invisible, and an outline of Blue Coins shows where to enter when the P Switch is pressed. P Warp Doors also appear in later fortresses, including World 7- and World 8-, this time in visible form, represented as red (white in the reissues) rectangular doorways.
In Super Mario World and its reissue, P Warp Doors, named Blue Doors, appear in the levels Donut Secret House, Vanilla Ghost House, and Forest Ghost House. They have the same sprite as a Warp Door but with a light-blue palette.
In Super Mario Maker, P Warp Doors were introduced in the version 1.30 update, and available at the start in Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, after an absence for 25 years. They have new sprites for all styles, in the same blue as the P Switches with a white or blue "P." Unlike in Super Mario World, they are visible as outlines when not active. The game's sequel, Super Mario Maker 2, gives P Warp Doors the exact same role.
Super Mario Maker
- Play Nintendo: "Unlike regular Warp Doors, these are only visible while a P Switch is active – perfect for creating truly devious Ghost House courses."
Names in other languages
|Dutch||P-warpdeur||P warp door|
|French||Télé-porte P||P Warp Door|
|German||P-Warp-Tür||P Warp Door|
|Italian||Porta teletrasporto P||P Warp Door|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Porta de Teletransporte P||P Teleport Door|
|P Teleport Door|
|Spanish (NOA)||Puerta de teletransporte P||P Warp Door|
- M. Arakawa. Nintendo Super NES Player's Guide. Pages 12 and 13.
- December Super Mario Maker Update. Play Nintendo. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Nintendo Nederland (December 17, 2015). Super Mario Maker - Nieuwe functies! (Wii U). YouTube. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Nintendo France (December 17, 2015). Super Mario Maker - Nouvelles fonctionnalités ! (Wii U). YouTube. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Nintendo Portugal (December 17, 2015). Super Mario Maker - Novas funcionalidades! (Wii U). YouTube. Retrieved January 11, 2021.