Soundfrog, as seen in Super Mario Maker 2's Story Mode staff roll.
|First appearance||Super Mario Maker (2015)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)|
- “I feel the groove so strong in my bones. Do you dare witness my moves?”
- —Soundfrog, Super Mario Maker 2
The Soundfrog is a character featured in Super Mario Maker, Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, and Super Mario Maker 2. Its appearance is a green, cartoonish frog, similar to the one found in the Mario Paint composer. By tapping the Soundfrog icon on the left-hand side of the editing screen, the player can access a variety of sound effects to use in their course. The Soundfrog is eventually unlocked in the game alongside the sixth shipment of editing tools, but is available from the start in Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS.
In Super Mario Maker 2, in addition to appearing in the sound effects icon in Course Maker, the Soundfrog makes an appearance in person in the game's Story Mode, where it can be found in the sky accessed via the vine on the east side of Peach's Castle and provides Mario with jobs. The Soundfrog dances to create "atmosphere" for the castle and will offer to dance on command once its jobs are completed. A zipper appears on its back, implying it may actually be someone wearing a frog costume.
Lists of sound effects
- Main article: List of sound effects in Super Mario Maker
- Main article: List of sound effects in Super Mario Maker 2
Super Mario Maker features a total of 28 sound effects, while Super Mario Maker 2 features 47.
Super Mario Maker 2
- "A castle so grand you build, yet still... The atmosphere lacks."
- "If you'll do me a favor, I'll cover the ground with flowers so sweet."
- "We are counting on us."
- "My thanks are yours. The flowers bloom."
- "And down we get! *RIBBIT*"
- "Might you complete a job so vital?"
- "If you help me, I'll move mountains for you."
- "My thanks are yours. The mountains move."
- "A GROOVE SO FUNKY!"
- "The job I have is a favor so final."
- "If you'll do this for me, I'll give you clothes so special."
- "Thanks so much. My jobs for you are no more."
- "Might you have a moment or two?"
- "I feel the groove so strong in my bones. Do you dare witness my moves?"
- "WE DANCE!"
Names in other languages
Portmanteau of "sonoro" (auditory) and "rana" (frog)
|Spanish||Crotilde||Pun on "croar" (to ribbit) and the name "Clotilde"|