- This article is about the course element in Super Mario Maker 2. For the object in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, see P Block (Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam).
A P Block in Super Mario Maker 2 (New Super Mario Bros. U style)
|First appearance||Super Mario Maker 2 (version 2.0) (2019)|
P Blocks are objects in Super Mario Maker 2 that can be placed in every level style. Similar to ON/OFF Switches, they are activated or deactivated whenever the player hits a P Switch; they are outlined when deactivated, and when activated, they become solid blocks that cannot be destroyed by any means. Due to the effect being temporary, the blocks operate in a similar way to the Dotted-Line Blocks from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its sequels.
Super Mario Maker 2
- Play Nintendo: "When a P Switch is hit in the course, invisible P Blocks temporarily turn into hard platforms, or vice-versa."
Super Mario Bros. style
Super Mario Bros. 3 style
Super Mario World style
Super Mario 3D World style
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Bloc P||P Block|
|Italian||Blocco P||P Block|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Bloco P||P Block|
- Super Mario Maker 2 Free DLC Updates Ver. 2.0.0. Play Nintendo. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- 한국닌텐도 공식 채널 (December 3, 2019). 슈퍼 마리오 메이커 2 무료 업데이트 Ver. 2.0.0. YouTube. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- Nintendo Portugal. (December 2, 2019). Super Mario Maker 2 - A Master Sword, novas peças para níveis e muito mais! (Nintendo Switch). YouTube. Retrieved January 10, 2021.