- Not to be confused with Luigi Block.
M Blocks, also known as Mario Blocks, are blocks found in the Mario & Luigi series, and they serve the same function as a ? Block. This type of block can be activated only by Mario and Baby Mario, whereas the similar L Block can be used only by Luigi and Baby Luigi. Both M Blocks and L Blocks may contain items for the Mario Bros. to collect, and have been grouped together with ? Blocks as Treasure Blocks.
M Blocks also appear in Yoshi's Island DS. In this game, a Yoshi must be carrying Baby Mario to see them and hit them. Also, some remain invisible even with Baby Mario; these blocks must be hit by a Yoshi with Baby Mario to appear. The stage Hit the M Blocks! is named after them.
A similar block known as "Cap Block M," along with Cap Blocks L and W, was originally going to appear in Super Mario 64 DS and contained Mario's cap, but the blocks were removed. They can still be found in a test level.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Blocco M||M Block|
- Hoffman, Chris. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Player's Guide. Page 10.
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Pages 39 and 45.
- Hoffman, Chris. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Player's Guide. Pages 6 and 9.
- TCRF. Super Mario 64 DS#Cap Blocks (0x0021 to 0x0023). The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- Matthew Waters (August 28, 2006). Super Mario 64 DS Action Replay Fun! YouTube. Retrieved April 7, 2010.
- 「ヨッシーアイランドDS任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's Island DS Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 14.