- This article is about the object in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. For the shop in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door also referred to as the "watering hole", see Fresh Juice Shop.
- “Beware of over-hydration! If over-drinking symptoms appear, stomp on the victim's head. Spitting excess water on objects in this area is strictly prohibited.”
- —Sign, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Watering holes (alternatively formatted as Watering Holes), also referred to as fountains, are small fountains in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. They appear throughout the Beanbean Kingdom, and they are first seen on Hoohoo Mountain. They consistently spew water into a small basin, allowing Mario to swallow some and turn into Pump Mario. If Luigi attempts to swallow some water, he is unable to hold most of it in and immediately spits it out. Luigi can instead use his hammer, High Jump, or Thunderhand on Mario while he is carrying water to eject it in a variety of ways. A couple of watering holes start off empty and require a specific ! Block to be pressed for them to activate.
Names in other languages
|Water fountain or watering hole|
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga instruction booklet, page 21.
- Stratton, Stephen, and Levi Buchanan. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 22.
- Thomason, Steve. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Player's Guide. Page 11.
- Mario & Luigi RPG instruction booklet, page 19.