The S.S. Chuckola just before sinking
|First appearance||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)|
|Latest appearance||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (2017)|
|Greater location||Beanbean Castle|
|Inhabitants||Spinies, Super Flies|
- “Lissen up! This'll shock you! This ship is the world-renowned S.S. Chuckola! Uh-huh! We're haulin' Chuckola Cola! You hear me??? Shockin', huh?”
- —Sailor, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
The S.S. Chuckola (alternatively italicized and also referred to as the Pirate Ship) is a ship landlocked into Teehee Valley and inhabited by skeletal sailors led by a red captain in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and its 3DS remake. During the events of the game, after the Beanstar is split into four pieces, one of them lands onto the ship and cracks its hull.
Mario and Luigi visit the ship in order to retrieve the piece. In the captain's quarters, they can learn that the ship sank long ago, when Teehee Valley was an ocean; so long that the sailors have all now become undead skeletons. The duo spots a sailor taking the Beanstar piece into another room, but a guard restricts their entry into said room without a Membership Card. He explains that the room is a cola cellar where they hold Chuckola Cola.
To earn the Membership Card, the duo must visit Bink's room, and complete his minigame, which requires matching colored barrels into rows and columns. Upon returning to the cola cellar, they find the skeleton with the Beanstar piece who offers it in return for the favor of dislodging Bloat, an obese skeleton who has gotten stuck inside a crack in the wall after drinking too much Chuckola Cola. Mario and Luigi locate a stash of dynamite hidden within the ship from using their hammers on blue wooden planks on the left side of the boat, Mario uses Firebrand on its fuse, creating a hole in the wall and freeing Bloat. Before Mario and Luigi can collect their prize, sand begins pouring in through the hole created, with so much force that it pushes the ship back out into Oho Ocean. The ship crashes into a large rock, and it sinks into the Seabed. After this, it cannot be reentered for the rest of the game.
|Refreshing Herb||In the storeroom in the back of the ship, it is in the ? Block in the west.|
|1-Up Mushroom||In the storeroom in the back of the ship, it is in the ? Block in the north.|
|Membership Card||Won after completing the barrel minigame.|
Names in other languages
|German||MS Kichererbse||MS Chickpea|
|Italian||Nave Ridolina||Giggly Ship|
|Spanish||Barco Jijichata||Hehe Horchata Ship (jijí from a laugh)|
- Thomason, Steve. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Player's Guide. Page 84.
- Stratton, Stephen, and Levi Buchanan. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 27. "In their search for one of the four Beanstar Pieces, Mario and Luigi stumble across a gigantic, beached pirate ship. To venture below deck and visit the cargo hold of the Pirate Ship, which they eventually must do, the Bros. need an official pirate Membership Card."
- Thomason, Steve. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Player's Guide. Page 85. "Hit the wooden floor panel outside the captain’s quarters with your hammer."
- Stratton, Stephen, and Levi Buchanan. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 95. "Head for the captain's quarters on the western side of the ship. The room beyond is full of goodies."