- Not to be confused with Luigi Block.
L Blocks, also known as Luigi Blocks, are a type of block exclusive to the Mario & Luigi series. They are very similar to the ? Blocks, though only Luigi or Baby Luigi can activate them. M Blocks are similar to these blocks; however, M Blocks can be activated only by Mario or Baby Mario. In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, L Blocks are often used to solve puzzles. In Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, they can be found scattered through different places. In Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, they are mainly used for minigames to earn Attack Pieces. Both L Blocks and M Blocks contain items for the Mario Bros. to collect, and have been grouped together with ? Blocks as Treasure Blocks.
A similar block known as "Cap Block L," along with Cap Blocks M and W, was originally going to appear in Super Mario 64 DS and contained Luigi's cap, but the blocks were removed. They can still be found in a test level.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Blocco L||L Block|
- Hoffman, Chris. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Player's Guide. Page 10.
- Hoffman, Chris. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Player's Guide. Pages 6, 9.
- TCRF. Super Mario 64 DS#Cap Blocks (0x0021 to 0x0023). The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- Matthew Waters (August 28, 2006). Super Mario 64 DS Action Replay Fun! YouTube. Retrieved April 7, 2010.