|First appearance||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009)|
|Latest appearance||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (2018)|
- “Could you try? Do you... know zee massage arts?”
- —Broque Madame, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Broque Madame is a Brock character in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, similar to Broque Monsieur. In Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, her house serves as a Brawl Attack Challenge House in Blubble Lake, which is the equivalent of the Cholesteroad inside Bowser. In Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, she runs the Luiginary Attack challenge mode. Her name appears to be a pun on a French sandwich dish called "croque madame".
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story / Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
Bowser comes across Broque Madame's house in Blubble Lake, and when he enters she asks for a massage to soothe her aching back. This is accomplished by Bowser using his Brawl Attacks on her, Shy Guy Squad and Broggy Bonker excluded. Bowser must keep his Brawl Attacks going for as long as possible without failing. If Bowser does well enough, Broque Madame rewards him with coins and equipment. Bowser's score is saved if he gets the high score. However, Broque Madame only saves the score for the minigame, so Bowser must still save at a Save Block for the game to be saved, as Broque Madame warns him.
If Mario and Luigi visit Broque Madame, she immediately regards them to be weak but politely asks them to return to talk with her again as she is lonely, and to also request a "burly" guy (Bowser) to come to her house for a massage. If they do return to talk with her, she tells them stories. These stories include topics such as the Shroob Invasion and the fact that someone (Bowser) kept some of them, a reference to the cold storage in Bowser's Castle. She also says that if they have a special one that they need to care for them, because she once had her own special person that gave her up for blocks. She also mentions Kuzzle, who used to come to the lake, but now no longer does so ever since Bowser took his Star Cure.
Broque Madame also appears in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey, where she makes an appearance in the Bowser Jr.'s Journey mode as a boss. She is a flying enemy and her Special Skill is Smack Back Attack. She is battled in Broque Madame's Handiwork after Bowser Jr. and Kamek go to her to make the Skeletone Formula:D, as she asks them to give her a massage. She is weak against Ice Bros., as she is soothed by the ice that they throw. Like an enemy infected with Malatone Formula:X, her special skill, Smack Back Attack, cannot be denied; only Stop and Drop can stop it. After the battle, she creates 200 servings of Skeletone Formula:D. She is battled a second time during Broque Madame's Secret; this time, she must be defeated before four allies get defeated. She is battled once more in A Mighty Melee during the second and third rounds. The second round works the same as in Broque Madame's Secret, except there are several Bandits and Bob-ombs as troops. In the third round, she is the First officer and fights alongside King Bob-omb, and this time her special skills can be denied.
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
|Special Attack||B Rank||B Rank reward||A Rank||A Rank reward||Grand reward|
|Goomba Storm||150 Points||50 Coins||250 Points||300 Coins, Treasure Ring||King Shell|
|Koopa Corps||250 Points||100 Coins||350 Points||500 Coins, Bone Fangs|
|Bob-omb Blitz||120 Points||240 Coins||150 Points||1200 Coins, Fury Band|
|Magikoopa Mob||200 Points||400 Coins||300 Points||2000 Coins, Heroic Ring|
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
|Brawl Attack||Bronze Rank||Bronze Rank reward||Silver Rank||Silver Rank reward||Gold Rank||Gold Rank reward||Grand reward|
|Goomba Storm||60 Points||100 Coins||120 Points||150 Coins||180 Points||250 Coins, Treasure Ring||King Shell|
|Koopa Corps||40 Points||200 Coins||80 Points||300 Coins||160 Points||600 Coins, Bone Fangs|
|Bob-omb Blitz||20 Points||300 Coins||40 Points||500 Coins||80 Points||1000 Coins, Fury Band|
|Magikoopa Mob||100 Points||400 Coins||200 Points||600 Coins||300 Points||1500 Coins, Heroic Ring|
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Broque Madame reappears in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. She is found in the back room of the shop in Driftwood Shore, where Princess Peach (later revealed to be Kamek in disguise) and Toadsworth, both disguised as Brocks are jumping on her back to massage her. She holds the endless mode for the Luiginary Attacks in this game. She also runs a shop in Dreamy Driftwood Shore, and she helps the Bros on finding the Driftwood Jellyfish Sheets during their search for the Ultibed parts by giving them the Old Lithograph as a clue she happened to stumble upon.
Battle Broque Madame
Upon Mario and Luigi's first visit to Driftwood Shore, they meet Broque Madame on a stand, who suggests the idea of the Bros. entering her dreams due to her boredom at her shop and her crave for excitement. This is much like the Mad Skillathon; however, it is the Luiginary Attack version for it, similar to her being the version of the Cholesteroad for Bowser's Brawl Attacks in the previous game.
These are the list of rewards gained from hitting the B, A or S rank scores, them respectively being 200 for B, rewarded by 100 coins, 500 for A, rewarded by 300 coins, and 800 for S, rewarded by an exclusive piece of gear. If 999 points is reached, the minigame automatically stops. After getting S rank in all four challenges, the player is awarded with the Excellent Boots.
|Luiginary Attack||Challenge Description||S-Rank Prize (800)|
|Luiginary Ball||Bowl over the small Madames, and then crash into the big Madame!||Coin Boots DX|
|Luiginary Stack||Stack the Luiginoids, and jump on the Broque Madame. Avoid the hazards!||Sap Hammer DX|
|Luiginary Flame||Bounce the flames back, and then use your hammer to hit the last one!||Blunt Hammer DX|
|Luiginary Wall||Hit all of the small Madames back! Hitting items will affect play.||Lucky Gloves DX|
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey
- Bowser Jr.'s Journey profile: A mysterious lady with an air of sophistication. Only some cold ice can soothe the aches that bother her.
- "Oh! Please tell me... a masseur arrives..."
- "Could you try? Do you... know zee massage arts?"
- "Cherís... Tell me, do you believe in zee aliens? Once upon a long, long ago... Zey say zat aliens visited zis very kingdom... Someone told me zis, oui... Zis was long before I arrived in zee area, of course... Zey were evil... Zey destroyed zee houses, kidnapped people... Zis was a terrible, awful time. But in zee end... Two champions, superstars in zee green and red, defeated zem all... And yet... Zere is a rumor zat, in fact, zee aliens are preserved somewhere in zee kingdom... Heehee... Preserving evil aliens... Zere are some people who have zee bizarre hobbies, honh? Oh... Now zat I think on it, you two are red and green... Heehee.. Are you perhaps fans of zese famous superstars? Hee... You look a lot like zem..."
- "Cherís... Tell me zis thing... You have...special someones? Heehee... I must apologize... Zis is a personal question, oui... Ah, if you do have zis person... You must cling to zem tightly, you understand zis? You do not relax when zey are beside you... For one day, zey may disappear on zee wind... And...in zee moment you realize zey are gone...you realize how important zey really were... Zis thing happened to moi... Zat is why, cherís, I tell you to cling to zee special someones... Zee special someone for moi... Heehee... I wonder if he is still collecting zee silly blocks..."
- "Cherís... Tell me, you know zis gentleman, Monsieur Kuzzle? Heehee... He is much older, oui, but he has zee joie de vivre... So much energy, zis monsieur... And his mind, it is sharp, honh? He is master of zee puzzles... He talks of zem...hee...always... When he visits moi, he is saying "puzzles" and "so trendy with zee youth" and stuff like zis... Hee... I was never bored when Monsieur Kuzzle visited, non... But... Zen he stopped crossing zee border to see me... Sad... It is a rumor, but... Something was stolen from him, perhaps? Something about a cure of some kind... Zis is what i hear, oui... So zat was zat with Monsieur Kuzzle... I wonder how he is.... Zis man, he loved the sea like life itself, so... Perhaps he has retired near zee beach, oui?"
New Year's card made by developers of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Names in other languages
|From「ブリロック」(Brirokku, Broque Monsieur) and "Rose"|
|French (NOA)||Madame duBloc||Such as Broque Monsieur's French North American name, "duBloc" is a reference to many French family names starting with "Du", like "Dubois" or "Dupont".|
|French (NOE)||Rose Bloc||Rose Block (pun on Broque Monsieur's French name, Charlie Bloc, and Broque Madame's Japanese name, Brirose)|
|German||Blockhilde||From Block and the female name Hilde, resembling Broque Monsieur's German name, Blockhard|
|Italian||Lucrezia Blocco||From Lucrezia (Italian given name) and Blocco (block). Her name is similar to Broque Monsieur's Italian name, Luc Blocque|
|Brose or Blose, from English words "block" and "rose"|
|Transliteration of NOA French name|
|Spanish (NOA)||Madame le Bloqué||Block Madame|
|Spanish (NOE)||Charline Bloquette||Charline Blockette. Charline is very similar to Charles, Broque Monsieur's European Spanish name.|
- In the Italian version, Broque Monsieur speaks with a French accent while Broque Madame does not.
- There is a recurring mistake in Broque Madame's speech. Instead of saying "chéri" and "chéris", which are French for "dear", she often says "cherí" and "cherís". The accent is in the wrong place.