List of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story pre-release and unused content
From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
This is a list of pre-release and unused content for the game Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
- In the E3 2009 trailer, after Mario saves Peach from flames at the start of the game, Bowser said "How dare you!", but in the final release he says "Crud!"
- Early screenshots depict Treevils being battled at Plack Beach, instead of Dimble Wood as in the final game. The area they were battled was at the site of Sea Pipe Statue.
- Starlow was apparently intended to be called "Chippy" from the start, instead of that just being Bowser's name for her.
- There are various unused sound files. These include Yoshi's voice clips from Yoshi's Story, and some of the music from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. The Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time music will not play correctly, because it was replaced with Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story equivalents and the ones without an equivalent have been replaced with "Tutorial" and "Tension" sequences. However, Yoshi voices will play correctly since they are .wav files and were not replaced or removed from the ROM.
- There is an unused item that resembles a Life Shroom but is named Dummy. If used, Mario (or Luigi) will throw it in the air (while inside Bowser) and it will explode, healing 60 HP back to Bowser. It was most likely scrapped because of the fact only the Sea Pipe Statue can damage Bowser from the inside.
- Some of the enemies that the Mario Bros. cannot fight still have an attack pattern for them, such as Choombas.
- Official Nintendo Magazine of Australia, page 23.
- Action Replay code (only US version) : 22056419 00000063
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Unused Enemies and Enemy Behaviours - Skawo on YouTube