|First appearance||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)|
|Latest appearance||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (2017)|
- “What did you jerks do to my friend?!? How dare you? You are so uncool!”
- —Jojora, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Jojora is a mysterious fairy-like girl who lives in Joke's End during the events of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. She claims to be there because her friend's cousin's ancestor was the person who owned it originally, which she explains to the Mario Bros. when they meet her at the gates. Mario and Luigi have to fight her and one of her friends during a chaotic tea party. She seems to take delight in toying with the brothers while in the palace.
After making it through the entire palace, the brothers find Jojora in her room, where she asks them to sit down. She tells them that she admires their perseverance, and soon asks which of four "friends" they would like to meet for tea. After the brothers select one, the chosen friend falls down from the ceiling and fights alongside Jojora against the brothers. However, the friend will always have the same stats and appearance no matter what the player chooses.
Jojora has the highest defense in the whole game (999), and therefore most attacks will only inflict one HP damage. Despite her high defense, however, Jojora can indeed be defeated, though it is not necessary in order to finish the fight.
Offensively, she can wave her wand at them, causing them to freeze; if a hammer strike is executed when she approaches a brother, he can counter the attack and knock her wand out of her hands, causing her to run away crying "Eeek! Uncool, you creep!" while she leaves the battle to retrieve it. After a few turns, she will find her wand and return to battle. Additionally, whenever a brother damages her friend while she is still on-screen, she exclaims "You NEVER touch a lady without her permission!" and begins a snowstorm that can freeze both of the brothers (but which can be avoided by rapidly jumping) and recovers the HP of both her and her friend; if Jojora is attacked directly, no side effects occur. Because of this, the brothers will have to time their attacks so the friend is only damaged while Jojora is off getting her wand and unable to begin a snowstorm.
After Jojora's friend is defeated, the friend melts away, causing Jojora to flee, upset, briefly returning to call the brothers "jerks" before leaving again. Jojora is never seen again for the rest of the game, implying she left the place.
In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, her role is largely the same as in the original. While she no longer has an overwhelming defense stat nor level in-battle, she has ten times her original HP as a trade-off and also drops the Revenge Jeans when defeated.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga enemy|
|Stat down?||0%||Stun?||0%||Burn?||0%||Hand||Weak||Item drop||1-Up Super – 100%|
Max Nut (Max Syrup Jar) – 0%
|Level 99||Location(s)||Joke's End||Notice||
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions enemy|
|Stat down:||0%||Dizzy:||0%||Burn:||0%||Speed down:||0%||Item drop:||None (0%)|
Revenge Jeans (100%)
Revenge Jeans (100%)
|Level: 29||Location(s):||Joke's End|
- "...Hold it, you two. This palace is our playground, understand? Do you two want to play here, too? In that case, the least you could do is say hello to those of us who were here first."
- "Eh? Me? I'm Jojora. I'm the buddy of the cousin of the descendant of the spirit who once guarded this place." -- Jojora introduces herself.
- "Princess Peach? Bowletta? Man, I have NO idea what you're talking about! ...Whatever. Look, if you want to go inside, then go right ahead. Be my guest. Go nuts. I don't know what kind of adventure you've been on to get here, but man... Getting through here won't be nearly as easy as what you're used to! No way!" -- Jojora expresses her lack of knowledge for Cackletta's plan after the Mario brothers reveal their mission.
- "I wonder if you can even make it over here..."
- "This is where the real challenge starts. Look, you probably should just give up and go home!"
- "Hrmm... Wow. If you've come all the way here, you obviously don't give up easily. Cool. So this is a present from me to you... Press the A and B Buttons to hit the blocks that come flying and score points. If you get 30 points in 25 seconds or less, I'll open this door for you. Cool?"
- "Oh! Man! Cut it out! You're the most stubborn people I know! No girls would ever like you!"
- "Welcome! You're the first people ever to climb all the way up here! ...Cool. You're pretty darn determined! Let me reward you with a little something, OK? Don't just stand there! Have a seat and relax for a bit."
- "I'm inviting one of my pals over today. They're all good people, but I'm only inviting one today. Who would you like to invite?" -- Jojora plans on inviting her friends.
- "Oh, man! You two have really good taste! Chucklissa/Oholina/Hoohoolia/Teeheena! C'mere! Introduce yourself!"
- "Well done! Now take good care of our honorable guests!"
- "You NEVER touch a lady without her permission!" -- Jojora reacts when her friend gets hurt.
- "Eeek! Uncool, you creep!"
- "What did you jerks do to my friend?!? How dare you? You are so uncool!"
- "EHH! Play time's over for the day! Over! Over! Over! Over! Over! Over! Over! Over! OVER!!!"
Names in other languages
- Jojora is one of two bosses in the game (the other being Popple, save for his solo battle) who flee after their partner is defeated, and thus are not required to be defeated.
- If she is defeated with the advanced Bounce Bros. (provided the invited friend gets hurt as well), Jojora will still somehow berate the Mario brothers for hurting her friend even though she shouldn't be able to.
- If Jojora's friend is defeated via Burn damage, a glitch will occur where the battle is not over and there is nothing to attack, and the game freezes. This glitch is not present in the Japanese version or the remake.
- Jojora's actions after her friend is defeated (where she cries and runs off, only to briefly return and yell "jerks" to the Mario Bros. before fleeing again) is similar to the reaction of a Toad at Toadtown Square if Mario does not give him back a Mushroom that was atop a bush upon retrieving it.