Fawful's Bean 'n' Badge
|Fawful's Bean 'n' Badge|
Fawful's Bean 'n' Badge
|First appearance||Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (2005)|
|Greater location||Peach's Castle Dungeon|
- “I say to you WELCOME! Welcome to Fawful's Bean 'n' Badge! In this place, beans are like precious treasure milked from a famous cow made of jewels! All who come with beans leave with badges so rare they make mustaches droop with disbelief!”
- —Fawful, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
When Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi first arrive to the second room in the sewers, they find Fawful walking to the next room. Fawful then enters a pipeline, that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi can access with the Baby Drill. Within the complex, they can find the shop that Fawful runs. Fawful does not take coins for his Badges, but beans, as the shop's name implies.
When Fawful sees the Baby Mario Bros., he does not recognize them as the baby versions of the Mario Bros. The Baby Mario Bros. can hear the story of Fawful's encounter with the adult Mario Bros. in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, in which he says he will return in the future. After Fawful tells his story, the Baby Mario Bros. can buy Badges in the shop by trading Beans, learn about how to get Beans, or leave the shop. The Baby Mario Bros. can also sell Items, Bros. Items, and Badges for coins only.
If the Baby Mario Bros. decide to learn about Beans, Fawful tells them that Beans are found various places. There are X-mark symbols on the ground, and the Baby Mario Bros. can dig them from the ground by having Baby Luigi jump on Baby Mario's head with his Hammer and spin to get in the dirt. Then, they can emerge from the ground to get a Bean. If the Baby Mario Bros. decide to leave, the Mario Bros. leave the shop to continue the quest. Every time the Baby Mario Bros. attempt to leave the shop, Fawful seeks a vision and tells the Baby Mario Bros. about it.
If the Baby Mario Bros. decide to buy Badges, they can trade Beans for getting Badges. These are the badges that Fawful has in his shop, as well as their cost and effect:
- 1-Chance Badge (10 Beans): Greatly increases power of the first attack used in battle.
- Coin Badge A (50 Beans): Gain many more coins when using Bros. Items to defeat enemies.
- EXP Badge A (70 Beans): Gain much more experience when using Bros. Items to defeat enemies.
- Pummel Badge (20 Beans): When using a Hammer to deliver a First Strike, possibly defeats the enemy.
- Rough Badge (40 Beans): Greatly increase all damage given and received.
- Stomp Badge (30 Beans): When jumping on an enemy as a First Strike, increases damage done.
- Treasure Badge (60 Beans): Receive items when using Bros. Items to defeat enemies.
- Ulti-Free Badge (90 Beans): Allows the wearer to use an infinite amount of Bros. Items.
Names in other languages
|French||Gracowitz Fèves & Badges||Fawful's Beans and Badges|
|German||Krankfrieds Bohnen und Orden||Fawful's Beans and Badges|
|Italian||Fagiotesseria di Sogghigno||Fawful's Beanbadgery|
|Spanish||Tienda de Trueque de judías y medallas de Fawful||Fawful's Beans and Medals Barter Store|