Spin Block (New Super Mario Bros.)
Spin Blocks (also formatted as spin blocks) are platforms that are found only in New Super Mario Bros. When Spin Blocks are stepped on, the player starts spinning and jumps high into the air, then glides back down slowly. Pressing while in the air causes the player to perform the Drill Spin, which causes the player to drop more quickly and has the ability to destroy bricks in a row.
Spin Blocks are also found in the Mario vs. Luigi two-player mode. A Spin Block appears only on the ice level, where a Big Star eventually appears. There are always coins hovering above the Spin Block.
Names in other languages
|Spin Block; shared with sliding block|
|French||Bloc toupie||Router Block|
|Italian||Blocco avvitamento||Spin block|
- New Super Mario Bros. instruction booklet, page 17.
- Loe, Casey. New Super Mario Bros. Player's Guide. Page 32.
- Knight, Michael. Nintendo DS Pocket Guide. Pages 78 and 88.
- Knight, Michael. Nintendo DS Pocket Guide. Page 22.
- New Super Mario Bros. Japanese instruction booklet, pg. 17
- Official Chinese website for New Super Mario Bros.. Retrieved March 6, 2020.
- New Super Mario Bros. European instruction booklet, page 54
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; page 118
- New Super Mario Bros. European instruction booklet, pag. 82