Character coins, also called baby coins, are coins that the Yoshis can collect in Yoshi's Island DS. A character coin can be collected by a Yoshi only if the baby on the Yoshi's back is the baby seen on the coin. Collecting all eight character coins in a world (or all seven in the case of World 5) unlocks a minigame in the game's Hard Mode. The 39 character coins in the game are evenly distributed as Baby Mario Coins, Baby Peach Coins, and Baby DK Coins.
Baby Mario Coins
Baby Peach Coins
Baby DK Coins
Names in other languages
|Italian||Moneta personaggio||Character coin|
- There were character coins of Baby Wario and Baby Bowser, but they were cut out in the final version of the game. They still remain in the game's coding.
- Yoshi's Island DS instruction booklet, page 13.
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Page 6.
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Page 12.
- Yoshi's Island DS European manual, pag. 64