A 5-Banana Coin from Donkey Kong 64.
|Donkey Kong 64 (1999)
|Every playable Kong gets five Banana Bunch Coins.
- “Hey, Donkey, that's a special coin you've picked up. It gives 5 coins to each Kong.”
- —Squawks the Parrot, Donkey Kong 64
They are a special kind of big, multi-colored Banana Coins that have all of the Kongs' colors on them in a rainbow order. When collected, all of the Kongs receive five extra Banana Coins, even if a Kong has not yet been rescued. There is one coin in every world of the game (except Angry Aztec and Fungi Forest, which have two), and a total of seven coins are found on DK Isles. These coins are always found buried under DK Dirt Piles. To release a 5-Banana Coin, the player must step on a DK Dirt Pile and press and hold the button, releasing a shockwave attack that destroys the DK Dirt Pile and reveals the special coin. No 5-Banana Coins are found in Hideout Helm.
- Inside a cave south of Cranky's Lab.
- Inside the cave behind the waterfall where Donkey Kong's banana hoard is kept.
- Behind K. Lumsy's cage in K. Lumsy's Prison.
- Below the entrance to Crystal Caves's lobby.
- On the rooftop of Angry Aztec's lobby entrance.
- Outside the entrance to Fungi Forest's lobby.
- Below the Bonus Barrel in Creepy Castle's lobby.
- On top of the steep slope near the minecart ride's exit.
- Below the Tag Barrel in Candy Kong's area.
- Inside Chunky Kong's section of the Temple with Five Doors.
- Behind a gate in the Storage Room that can be destroyed by Chunky's Primate Punch.
- Inside the lighthouse.
- Near the Dirt Pile where the Beanstalk is planted.
- Near the Tag Barrel where the exit to the Chunky Minecart is.
- Under the Giant Viking Kremling.
- Behind Snide's HQ.
Names in other languages