|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
Snide's H.Q., also called Snide's Hideout, is the hideout of Snide in Donkey Kong 64. It is where the Kongs can provide him with the recovered blueprints for the Blast-o-Matic, each in exchange for a Golden Banana. It is where the Kongs first meet Snide, who requests them to recover the Blast-o-Matic's blueprints. Aside from providing Golden Bananas, Snide later uses the blueprints to temporarily intercept the Blast-o-Matic from blasting at DK Isles.
When the Kongs give a Blueprint for Snide, he activates a series of contraptions to bring a chute down from the ceiling, which is where the Golden Bananas come down from.
By default, Snide's H.Q. only provided the Kongs with the option of reviewing the blueprints that they have recovered. The player can press to view the list, or to exit from the location. If the Kongs recover all forty Blueprints, they can unlock another option to replay from a selection of Bonus Stages, by pressing from the main menu. There are seven Bonus Stages that cannot be replayed from the menu: Busy Barrel Barrage, Splish Splash Salvage, Minecart Mayhem, Speedy Swing Sortie, Stash Snatch, Mad Maze Maul, and Stealthy Snoop.
- Crocodile Isle – Inside on the second floor
- Jungle Japes – Top cliff in central area (slightly down the hill from Diddy Kong's mine cave)
- Angry Aztec – Llama's Temple area
- Frantic Factory – Lobby (in the room that is opposite of the starting room)
- Gloomy Galleon – Lighthouse area
- Fungi Forest – Mill area (this building is only accessible during the day)
- Crystal Caves – Just below the boulder switch near the ice castle
- Creepy Castle – Castle tower ledge (At the top of the castle).
Names in other languages
|French||QG de Snide||Snide's HQ|
|Spanish||C.G. de Snide||-|
- The exterior of Snide's HQ has a different appearance in the kiosk demo. One of the differences is a barrel, connected to the roof gutter from a gray drainpipe. There are also red receptors on the building an no have a surveillance camera. Like Cranky's Lab and Funky's Armory, Snide's HQ does not have flooring at the doorway.
- Snide's HQ and Cranky's Lab are the only two locations of supporting characters to have a hub on DK Isles and every level (not including Hideout Helm).
- The music is based on the main theme from the 1963 film, The Pink Panther.
- Bihldorff, Nate, Jason Leung, and Drew Williams. Donkey Kong 64 Player's Guide. Page 7.