Cranky's Kong Barrel
- This article is about the power-up items in Donkey Kong 64. For the type of barrel also called a "Kong Barrel", see DK Barrel.
|Cranky's Kong Barrel|
Artwork of all Kong Barrels.
|Allows Cranky Kong to teach the other Kongs specialized moves based on what character icon is on the barrel.|
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
- “You can now use my special barrel with your face on it. Leap into one and prepare to be amazed as you change size!”
- —Cranky Kong, explaining Mini-Monkey and Hunky Chunky, Donkey Kong 64
Cranky's Kong Barrels, also known as Kong Barrels, are barrels that contain the moves Cranky Kong can teach each Kong. Once a Kong hops into this barrel, Crystal Coconuts are the only thing keeping the move active. Kong barrels have so far only appeared in Donkey Kong 64. According to the manual, Cranky built them himself.
- Strong Kong: a Donkey Barrel allows him to be invincible.
- Rocketbarrel Boost: a Diddy Barrel allows him to rocket into the air with his jetpack.
- OrangStand Sprint: a Lanky Barrel enables him to run on his hands very fast.
- Mini-Monkey: a Tiny Barrel allows her to shrink to a small size to enter small places or passageways. In combination with her Saxophone Slam, Squawks can carry her to high places.
- Hunky Chunky: a Chunky Barrel allows him to grow even larger and makes him more powerful.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Barile di Cranky Kong||Cranky Kong's barrel|
- Donkey Kong 64 instruction booklet, page 26.
- Donkey Kong 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide, page 12.
- Donkey Kong 64 English-Italian manual, pag. 37