- Not to be confused with Spin Barrel.
Artwork from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Latest appearance||DK: Jungle Climber (2007)|
- “You can control where Spinner Barrels blast you. Change the direction with and . Then press to blast out of there! You can also press left or right to change where you're aiming. When you blast out of a Spinner Barrel, it's just like you're attacking. You can blast right through enemies! Easy, eh? Now, give it a try!”
- —Cranky Kong in Cliffy Peak, DK: Jungle Climber
A Spinner Barrel, also called a Rolling Barrel, Rotatable Barrel, or Rotater Barrel, is a type of barrel that first appears in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, where it first appears in the level Barrel Bayou. Spinner Barrels are similar to the Blast Barrel, although this type of barrel can actually be rotated and fired in any direction. However, some of them have a time limit (indicated by a number that appears on the barrel) to how long the Kongs can stay in the barrels. After this limit, the Kongs are launched automatically. Steerable Barrels are similar, except that their aim cannot be changed, and the player can move them around instead.
Names in other languages
- DK: King of Swing instruction booklet, page 16.
- DK: Jungle Climber North American instruction booklet, page 14.
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest instruction booklet, page 18.
- Donkey Kong Land 2 instruction booklet, page 15.
- Nintendo Power Volume 79, page 17.
- Donkey Kong Land 2 Italian manual, pag. 17
- Donkey Kong Country 2 European instruction booklet, pag. 115
- DK: King of Swing European instruction booklet, pag. 114
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber Italian instruction booklet, pag. 14
|DK: Jungle Climber|
|Characters||Playable||Donkey Kong • Diddy Kong • Dixie Kong • Funky Kong|
|Non-playable||Candy Kong • Cranky Kong • Wrinkly Kong • Xananab|
|Enemies and obstacles||Bramble • Click-Clack • Flipflap • Flitter • Ghost • Klobber • Kritter • Lockjaw • Mini-Necky • Neek • Puftup • Shuri • Spike • Zinger|
|Bosses||Banana Ship • Junklomp • Mega Amp • Draglinger • King K. Rool|
|Items||Banana • Banana Bunch • Banana Coin • Crystal Banana • Crystal Star • DK Coin • Gem • Hammer • KONG Panels • Oil barrel • Torch • Wings|
|Objects||Booster Barrel • Cannon Barrel • DK Barrel • Giant flower • Handle Peg • Iron Barrel • Jack Peg • Mine • Peg • Peg Board • Question Barrel • Rock • Spike • Spirowarp • Spinner Barrel • Spinning Peg • Switch Peg • TNT Barrel|
|Worlds||Sun Sun Island • Lost Island • Ghost Island • Chill 'n' Char Island • High-High Island • Wormhole • Extra Stages|
|Minigames||Rolling Panic • Banana Grab • Speed Climb • Throw 'n' Crush • Orange Picker • Booster Battle • Banana Bonanza|