|Level code||2 - 1|
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2|
|Music track||Hot Head Bop|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
- This article is about a level in Donkey Kong Land 2. For the level in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, see Hot-Head Hop.
Hothead Hop is the sixth level in Donkey Kong Land 2 and the first level of Krem Cauldron. It is the first level with a volcanic setting. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must jump from Krockheads in order to cross the lava below them. It is the first level of the game to have Squitter, who must use his web platforms to cross gaps as well as for finding other secrets.
The Kongs begin this level under a DK Barrel, which they can find a hidden area behind that contains a Neek, a Banana Bunch, and a treasure chest that contains a Banana Coin. If the primates head east from here, they reach a pit with some Krockheads in it. They can use the crocodiles as platforms to cross the pit, which is followed by a large area of land with a barrel and a Klampon on the end of it. As they continue across the large platform, they come up a small, slanted pathway with a Neek on it. After they pass a nearby Klampon and a Klobber, they make their way down a hill and towards a raised piece of land with some Klampons on and around it. Above the raised piece of ground, the heroes can find a formation of bananas that create an arrow pointing to the left towards a Bonus Barrel that they can only reach with Squitter. Once the heroes pass this arrow and the Klampons, they come along a curvy pathway with a DK Barrel floating above it. A Kruncha also walks along the path near a treasure chest that holds the letter K.
Soon after the primates pass the Kruncha, they head down a hill with a pit located after it. There are four Krockheads in the pit to help them cross, but there is also a Zinger after the last of the crocodiles to stop them. The final Krockhead can fling the heroes into the air so they can reach some bananas and a Banana Coin and jump over the Zinger. After they jump over this foe, they land on a solid area of land with a barrel on the edge of it. If they travel along the pathway in this area, they come up to a raised piece of land guarded by Klampons. An Animal Barrel with Squitter inside of it is on top of the raised piece of land, and if the barrel is entered, the primates are turned into the spider. A group of bananas that form an arrow pointing to the right is near the Animal Barrel. If the primates travel ahead of here, they come up to the level's Star Barrel.
A pit is ahead of here that contains two Zingers and some Krockheads. The first and last of the Krockheads can fling the group high into the air, while the others simply stick out of the lava to be used as platforms. Zingers are also at the beginning and end of the pit for the heroes to dodge. Once they cross the pit, they land on a solid piece of land with some hills and Klampons on it. At the highest point of the area, they can find a Klobber and a ledge that they must drop down to in order to put another pit in view, which contains a Krockhead. An arrow formed by bananas that points upwards to the letter O is above the Krockhead, who is followed by a solid piece of land with a pair of ledges on it. At the top of the ground area, they can find a Klobber, a Neek, and then a No Animal Sign. When they cross the sign, Squitter disappears, and they are given a Banana Coin for successfully leading him to the sign. A DK Barrel is ahead of here next to a few ledges that the Kongs must drop down to. The bottom ledge holds the letter N and is followed by a pit with three Krockheads in it that they must use as platform to cross.
A Zinger flies in their way as they jump to the second of the crocodiles. After they cross the pit, they reach a flat platform with a Klampon and a kannonball on it. A pit follows the platform that can be crossed with the help of some Krockheads in it. Once they cross this pit, they reach a long, flat piece of land with a Barrel Cannon above it that can blast them to another Barrel Cannon, which can then shoot them to a banana and the letter G. Some steep hills are ahead of here, which the Kongs must climb to reach a high area with a kannon on it. As they climb the hills, they come up to a Klampon. A ledge is located immediately after the kannon, and when they drop to it, a pit containing Krockheads is put in view. The first of the Krockheads serves as a simple platform, but the other can fling them high into the air and then onto a solid area of land with a Neek on it. After passing the foe, they can find a spring that they must bounce on to complete the level. A single banana is located beyond the spring.
Items and objects
- K: Shortly after the first Bonus Barrel, the Kongs come along a curvy pathway with a treasure chest on it. If they break it open, the Kongs obtain the letter K.
- O: Shortly after passing the Star Barrel, the Kongs reach a small pit with a single Krockhead in it. A group of bananas that form an up arrow is above it. The letter can only be reached by using Squitter's web platforms to go up to it.
- N: After the Kongs pass the No Animal Sign, they drop down to some ledges. The letter N is on the bottom ledge.
- G: After the kannonball, the Kongs can jump into a pair of Barrel Cannons that shoots them up to the letter G.
Cranky's Video Game Hero Coin
- When the Kongs obtain Squitter, they must use his webs to climb to the right near the top of the area, as directed by a group of bananas that form an arrow. After they pass a Zinger in the air, they come up to the Video Game Hero Coin.
- Find the Token!: Near the beginning of the level, the Kongs can find two Klampons under a group of bananas shaping a left arrow. By continuing in said direction, Diddy and Dixie can find the first Bonus Barrel, but they cannot reach it. They must continue onward to find the Animal Barrel to transform into Squitter, whose web platforms enable him to reach the Bonus Barrel. Squitter must backtrack to the Bonus Barrel and enter it. In the Bonus Level, Squitter must use his web platforms to cross a wide abyss within 20 seconds and collect the Kremkoin on the other side.
- Destroy Them All!: Shortly after passing the letter N, the Kongs can discover a kannonball next to a Klampon. Diddy or Dixie must carry the ball across some Krockheads and up some steep hills to reach a kannon. If they insert the kannonball into the kannon and then walk into the object, it blasts them into a Bonus Level. In it, the Kongs must defeat four Klampons along a curvy path within 20 seconds. Once every Klampon is defeated, a Kremkoin appears at the right end of the Bonus Level.
Dixie at the End of Level Target
Names in other languages
Yōgan Kuroko Janpu
|Lava Croc Jump|